CAFE FRAME

I am looking for a cafe style frame like some of the testi peds have - I see the puch magnum frames are used a lot to make custom cafe peds but i want a tube frame (top tank) - anyone have any leads - or do i just need to build one?

Thanks

vince

Re: CAFE FRAME

magnums have a tube frame. and they are a top tank.

are you talking about a double cradle frame?

Yes - I am hoping there is a "cradle" frame out there somewhere - I have a Magnum parts bike, but before I sink $$$$ and hours into this project - want to see if there is a alternative available - just short of me having to make my own frame.

Sorry - tube frame was a bad description as the magnum is just that...

he's talking about more traditional motorcycle style frames i believe, like the Derbi Diablo/Laguna or the Garelli Monza.

aka where the engine is cradled by the frame instead of the typical big open space, with the engine hanging from the bottom.

dude has taste, those magnum style frames are kinda stupid, but cool nonetheless. i prefer the cradle style way more.

something like this frame would be perfect

1265601777_testi_champion_001.jpg

good luck, haha.

best bet would be finding a derbi frame. i know where one is and the dudes trying to get rid of it, but its in the midwest.

I am on the west coast but would be willing to pay shipping if it is a good frame/price - please pass on my interest. Built a few triumphs and older Japanese bikes but this will be my first ground up - nuts and bolts - build of a moped, want to spend my time/money well.

personally if its gonna be tough to get a legit moped frame, i'd just go out to a motorcycle salvage yard and get a small enduro bike frame or something and work off of that...

yea, that was my default choice - make one... hoping someone had a project and maybe wanted out... thanks

Chances on a finding a frame like that would a blessing. I know you mentioned not wanting to use a Puch frame, be it a Cobra or Magnum, but take '77 custom Board Track Racer for example and look how perfect that whole arrangement worked out...

I used to work for a Vespa shop and I was always playing with the idea of going over to Italy and "smuggling" a couple 50cc small frame cafe racers, much like your beloved Testi, in a container with other vintage parts scooters similar to how 77' got all those Euro models here...

So Vince if you think that Testi is sick, wait till you peep the http://www.piccolibastardi.it/homepage.html galleria foto. Those Malanca, Cimatti, Colibri bikes I would do almost anything for...

ANYTHING

So many typos...

Dude, I found one...

in Italy.

Best part...

the pasta box.

???

1265651803_telmalve.jpg

find a sachs g3 frame, probably the closest to what you're looking for....kinda

That's a dirt bike frame...

One other observation...those forks are WAY too small for the frame

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

i have a sachs g3 frame foe sale.

Thanks for the reply post! is this for sale? or did you just come across the photo?

Welds good? - any Rust? - how much? Itis the top tank frame right?

OMG - those are some sweet little bikes... thanks for the link!

i thought i posted the photo. yeah its in good shape. i got shocks seat and seatbox for it is well.

fuck it wont put my pic up. email me and il get you pics if yr interested.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account