WTB Rusty crusty Puch

derek from black pipes moped gang 🌧 /

While at work today Christopher and I decided to have a little competition. We're both getting bored with Puchs and we are both broke. We're calling it the 50 on 50 for 50 competition. That is, 50mph on 50ccs for $50.00. We each have a budget of $50 and with that we need to buy a bike, tune it, and hit 50 mph all without going over budget.

Rules:

1. Can't spend more than $50 total

2. must be a Puch of some kind.

3. if only one of us reaches 50mph the winner keeps both bikes

4. if we both hit 50mph, we swap bikes

5. if neither of us hits 50mph, we swap, wait two weeks, and race again.

The competition starts now and the race will be on July 4th,

We need you, fellow moped enthusiasts. If you have a rusty Puch frame, seized e50 or anything that you would be willing to donate or sell for cheap, Black Pipes would be eternally grateful.

Re: WTB Rusty crusty Puch

word.

WTB Rusty crusty Puch

your better off finding $50 bikes in ohio than on here. I have only bought 1 bike for and it was crap

Yeah, I know. But I've given away frames before just to get them out of my garage. I figure there might be someone on here trying to clean out their space. We're searching craigslist, too and being that we live in Ohio we're bound to find something sooner or later.

I've been buying roasted E50's for 65 buks I maight be able to get you some descent used bearings and what not. I don't know what I can get yopu for 50 buks but old bearings and what not maybee a jug you could have hor free if you come get it, heads too

I've got a built e50 bottom end and metra 80 head (its been ported to match a metra 80 small port)... got any moby parts to trade?

Thanks for the offers. I know 50 bucks is peanuts, but that's all part of the challenge. I'll have to talk to chris and see what the rules are on trading, because I do have some motobecane stuff.

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

you dudes are welcome to come here and check out my garage. maybe i have some rusty crusty crap, maybe i dont. who knows. that garage..... well, you know....

Even if you got a running E-50 bike for free there is just no way.

Getting 50 out of a 50, even a modern one, is difficult. Even when you are willing to spend a couple hundred.

It would be a little more possible if you said 200. Then you could try and find a trashed bike for like 100ish, some jank old biturbo or boss for 30 or so, and maybe find a mauled scored up from the bore up kit for 40 or so. 30 for incidentals like spark plugs, vinegar for the rusty tank, patches for the tire tubes, dremel bits for porting, that sort of shit. Thats assuming you already have a good selection of sprockets and carbs and jets and intakes to play with.

Frames are one thing. Salvageable E-50s and usable rims and pipes are another. People really don't give that stuff away, I guess you are in Ohio though, cheap bikes are all over Ohio.

I think its a cool idea but I think its just too little money.

This kind of reminds me of the grassroots rally. The one where you get 2010 dollars to make your car in the year 2010, 2011 in the year 2011 and so forth.

Its a cool idea but the winners and the guys that are at the top obviously bent the rules or straight up cheated. Its super obvious what entries actually held to the rules and the ones who didn't.

Totally off topic. Bad tangent.

I'm not saying you guys would cheat. I am just saying that is s super limited budget.

Maybe if you did it like 50 for the first race, 50 more if no one won, 50 more and so on until someone hits 50mph.

Also maybe open it up to all bikes and not just Puchs.

Its your race, I am just trying to point out how difficult it is going to be.

Thanks for the input. We realize that it's going to be hard, that's why we're doing it. We're using Puchs because that's what we both started with and it makes a level playing field. Plus, maxis are pretty common around here.

We are allowed to use tools and things that we have already. So things like Dremel bits, vinegar and two stroke don't count in our total. What we can't use is actual moped parts (i.e. sprockets, sparkplugs and carbs). This is where being super frugal comes in.

I think if neither of us hit 50mph after the second race, then we should have to give our bikes away. Or auction them off for the mopedjay fund. That would be a good idea, because then someone could throw on a boss pipe and do 1000000 mph instantly.

We're using the honor system, but I really don't expect either of us to cheat. Because if we cheat at a moped race then that's pretty fucking retarded.

This is a test in frugality, tuning ability, and courage.

P.s. We almost got killed by hicks in big fuck-off trucks today when we tried to inspect an old abandoned drag strip. Apparently it wasn't abandoned.

I have some stators and HT coils I don't use, and if you want to make the haul to port huron I'll give both of you a maxi frame. the ones wit rust boulders in the tank. you guys know how to get ahold of me

I have a Silver maxi frame and a yellow newport frame. I'll trade either for a big mac meal, coke and large everything. The tanks are rusty though.

wasn't this my idea?

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

kwinny i fb'd you

i like this idea. there was a beautiful patina'd blue maxi in my area. it was a rolling frame(no engine) and it was only $20. crazy for down in texas. but sadly i couldn't pick it up. lucky them. i wanted to make a beautiful rat bike out of it. oh well...

I hit you up chris!

I love this idea, unfortunately I don't really have anything to offer... good luck and keep us posted! You guys should make a blog to chronicle the builds...

That's a good idea, we'll definitely start on that.

I just got my bike, a complete 86 maxi, but I went five dollars over budget, so I think I'm going to sell parts off of it to get back under budget.

Chris still needs a bike though.

Pics of this 86 Maxi?? I love the look/decals they used in the later years!

I have this Scorpion frame for free. Steven

1264887797_img_2190.jpg

Brian's, here is my frame. I already disassembled it. There is a layer of white spraypaint over the decals, which will make it easier on my conscience when i it cut up.

Sorry for the weird typos, my only internet connection is with my phone.

Steve, very generous of you but we're restricted to puchs. Thanks anyway.

Ah damn! Too bad they painted over it! But I guess that helped you get it so cheap! :) I have yet to land a mid-late model maxi with those decals. I love that shit.

Yeah, I got pretty lucky. Roller bearing crank and 3 shoe clutch with blue springs.

I have the shocks and rear rack for sale which I will post photos of soon.

Blog coming soon!

Cool long seat on that sucker?

Hey, think this is a great idea. Guessing that reliability and acceleration isnt going to be an issue. Suggest raising compression ratio, running on meths and increasing the intake port height. If you can get some spare pistons you can replicate this by filing the piston crown on the intake side until you get it right. Good luck!

y'all stole my idea from dean's ra guzman build thread...haha

Tom and christopherc, we did not steal this idea from you.

We stole it from new Jersey kids who do 50 on their tomoses with a biturbo.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account