Ebay magnum fairing?

Has anyone purchased one. Any feedback on fit and quality. Thinking about buying one for 1980 Magnum MK II. Thanks, Butch

Re: Ebay magnum fairing?

you have been very busy lately haven't you......

I checked out Avery's and it didn't seem that bad. Very heavy compared to the original I have, but maybe less apt to break? Dunno.

william

Thanks for the info. Anyone else on fit and quality? Per the seller, this one has 1 mounting hole on each side of the headlight opening like the originals. Has anyone tried drilling another hole on each side of the headlight opening to get a 4 point connection for stability.

I purchased the side covers from him. They needed a skim coat of Bondo to smooth them out/fill all of the porus holes.

Size wise, etc; they seem to fit fine.

I'd hold out (cuz I am) & try to find the real deal.

John Joedicke /

I purchased a windshield for the Puch fairing from him and it had many ripples from what ever bending process used. Wasn't made from "Lexan" but clear poycarbonate plastic which is prone to breakage with any cold weather. Edging didn't stay on one season. Just a heads up, but fit original fairing perfectly.

with the increased weight issue, I would put a bracket going up to mount on the backside of the bolt holding the windshield on along with the headlight brackets. That is what I did for my monza fairing which is way heavy. worked out great.

I also bought his trunk cover and switch plates for magnums... they sucked. Lots of holes, with poor craftmanship. The trunk plate doesn't conform to the shape of the trunk, and thusly sticks out.

but...like I said Avery's fairing didn't look that bad, unless you flipped it over.

william

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account