WTB: Clean A3 side covers

Dick Tortuga /

Need to find a pair of Tomos A3 side covers WITHOUT pedal crank scars or heavy damage. I'm either going to sand and powdercoat or polish out. Don't want oil inject, want the older flat left side with "Tomos" logo... LMK price plus shipping to 85741 Arizona...! Thanks

Re: WTB: Clean A3 side covers

Christopher Staggs /

I may have some what price were you thinking?

Dick Tortuga /

Moped Junkyard has them for 30 each. If you have a clean set with the logo on the left side, how does 50 shipped sound? Got a photo?

Not to jack you thread, but Chris, you wouldn't happen to have the stator that goes underneath those covers do you?

I also have some. One is really nice, and the other is not as nice (but also not totally trashed) -- don't remember which side is the good one. If you're interested, post back or e-mail me and I'll get some pictures.

Dick Tortuga /

I'd be interested in them, especially the primo one. I have an A3/35 motor I'm building, but the left side is oil inject and the right side is deeply groved by the pedal crank. Just looking for some help from my MA brothers...!

Haha, anyone have an A3 stator from underneath the cover? I will give you real, American money for it.

Dick Tortuga /

TTT... Anyone out there got any of these? Really need some covers...!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Are you talking about part #20 and #21? What does oil injection have to do with A3 sidecovers? If not these parts, what parts do you need?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

FYI....I have lots of A3 sidecovers from old Bullets and very early step thru models.

The most obvious difference between right sidecovers is the round hole to access the choke. That needs to be specified. I would also need to see a pic of the style left sidecover you need before I could help you.

i think he's talking about engine covers, not chain/electrcal covers.

i should know, as i sold him the damn bike.

dick, what are u lookin' for?

Dick Tortuga /

Okay, hope I figured out how to insert the schematic. The description is listed as side cover, but I can understand where the confusion is. I should have been more specific.

part 2 T1b-209-026 (grey) or T1b-222-332 (black)

part 3 T1b-209-023 (grey) or T1b-217-206 (black)

I have an A3 case, but I believe the left side cover from the A35 side covers will fit as well. I just don't want the injector hole or heavy pedal crank scars... hope this helps!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Gotcha! I have some decent right sidecovers (tranny side), but unfortunately no more lefts. I use the old style A3 flywheel covers on my A35 LX's after disabling the oil injection system.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account