wtb.shims(washers)4crank clutch side e50

yeah i know,go to the hardware store.....i just dont htink i'll be able to find the specific id od and thickness......

also my stock shim is too think,,so i have been trying to shave it and it broke.

so skinnier than stock shim for an aftermarket kstar unstuffed crank....

any idea's?

Re: wtb.shims(washers)4crank clutch side e50

well then nevermind i reckon, i hear of a ship of shipments bellowing hither yaaaargh

Wait, somebody's gonna get some soon? Do tell.

Myyke Nhortonne /

Just wanted to bump this. Running the same crank on an e50 and need a thinner spacer (the bigger one that goes on before the clutch bell) so I can fit on that damn clip.

Any spares leftover, Chance? I can pay in $, beer, you name it.

i went through this whole ordeal to get the right measurement,then ordered it from treats,when it came it wasnt the size i actually need.so....i took a piece of softish wood,and with a c clamp ,clamped the shim to the wood,to sink it in.but not the whole way,ya know? then i taped(haha) some sand paper to my buffing wheel disc for my drill and sanded the shim down to size. went from 1.73 to 1.54 i think.

it was a bitch,but i got it.....now to test it.....?

I thought you could get washers from ACE hardware that were the correct size, I havent done it but I know a few people have...maybe they were lying.

Myyke Nhortonne /

I'm skeptical of run of the mill washers.. they aren't intended for the kind of loading/wear that the spacers are. In a pinch, yeah. But I want this to last.

Thats a good point about the sizes though.. I was taking it for granted that one of the standard sizes was going to work out. Thankfully my 'shop' comes equipped with tape and wood chunks so here we go...

I have a bunch from old Morinis, in differtent thicknesses if that would work? Steven

1267666087_img_2262.jpg

Myyke Nhortonne /

Hmm possibly Steven, what do you have?

Looking for an ID of 17mm. OD is less critical, ~24mm.

Thicknesses between 1 (or thinner if they even make them) and 2mm. Looks like I had ~1.5 in there before but the circlip didn't fit. So 1.0 should get me there.

http://www.treatland.tv/puch-E50-clutch-spacer-large-p/puch-e50-clutch-shim-large.htm

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account