WTB: Derbi Piston Port Metrakit Performance Crank

I seem to be in the same boat as everyone else.

I'm looking for a Derbi Piston Port Metrakit Performance Crank. If anybody has one to sell OR knows where to order one, that would be great. Would purchase for a fair price. I'm rebuilding a Laguna and the original crank is suspect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays!

WTB: Derbi Piston Port Metrakit Performance Crank

bumpage

Re: WTB: Derbi Piston Port Metrakit Performance Cr

taylor

i*ll buy your old crank when you want to get rid of it

leo

Sorry Leo, I doubt I'll be selling it soon.

Where the performance crank at yo?

bumped.

The Bumpty Dance is your chance to do the BUMP!

Anybody in the wide world of mopeds have a Derbi crank? Please e-mail me.....word.

taylor

just wondering.

does the Derbi piston port have the same stroke as a

Puch.

will a Puch rod kit fit on a Derbi piston port crank?

12mm wrist pin

whats the stroke length for each crank

So what exactly is wrong with your crank? I have a stock one with a bad variator side web but good rod and stator side web.

In November I was able to find a Laguna in the backwoods of Missouri. The guy who I bought it from gave me conflicting reports as to what the problem was. To this man's credit, he has worked on motorcycles for many years and knows a lot about bikes. He thought they're was too much side to side play in the crank and or the bearings were beginning to "sing".

After taking the bike home and cracking open the engine, everything looks to be real nice. The crank spins around freely enough, but I'm not sure if has really gone bad yet. There appears to be a teeny amount of crusty rust on the crank, too. There is side to side play, but I don't know how much is too much.

So, I've been wanting to rebuild the engine with performance crank so I don't have to rebuild it again down the line if I decide to upgrade. However, if I can't get the performance crank, I will settle for the stock one at this point. I just like to see the thing move!

maybe make a video of the side to side play your describing? some play isnt a big deal, and as your now finding out, derbi cranks are nearly impossible to get.

Before i rebuilt my laguna motor it had been making noise too. It was from the nut that holds the internal pedal shaft gear in place. It had come loose and was banging against the inside wall of the case. use blue locktite for that on reassembly.

Thanks Vic. Yes, some people have told me that the side to side play isn't what I should be worried about; It's the up and down that will mess with you. So, here I am. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic looking for the performance crank.

Thanks for your help though, Vic. I need all I can get.

one more BUMP for good measure.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account