FS: 78 Tomos Bullet

I picked it up a couple months back and planned on getting it back road ready but my wife lost her job so now I have to sell it. Like I stated its a 78 Bullet. It was missing the speedo, speedo cable, run/stop switch, and flywheel cover but I have since bought these parts. I also picked up a used coil, stator plate, and flywheel since all the original ones looked like they had seen better days. It still needs a pedal, as you can see in the pic a bolt is used instead. The throttle cable is broken but I have one that can probably be cut to fit. Engine has good compression. Looking for $200 but listening to offers. Gotta pay some bills so be gentle.

Note: The pic also shows that the flywheel cover I bought for it is the black oil injected one but I also bought a silver non oil injected cover (like it is supposed to have) since the pic.

1261286654_78_tomos_2.jpg

Re: FS: 78 Tomos Bullet

Oh yeah and the tank is also super clean. May consider non moped related trades too.

whats wrong with it? anything??

As far as I can tell there are only a few cosmetic issues. The seat is torn and there is light rust in a few spots where things bolt together on the frame and whatnot. I was really looking foward to keeping it so if I don't get any hits on it then good news for me.

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

dude more pics please. i love me them blue bullets!!!

would you ship?

Chris - What do you want pics of?

Nick - I would like to sell locally but I would ship if you set everything up through UShip.

bumper-roo

so it looks like a oil injected setup, but this bike never came with oil injection, so what engine is on there currently? a sp sl or gm? pics of the forks, to verify they are straight/true etc. pics of the other side of the bike would be nice as well.

thanks!

Note: The pic also shows that the flywheel cover I bought for it is the black oil injected one but I also bought a silver non oil injected cover (like it is supposed to have) since the pic

o right yeah it would help if i READ THE ORIGINAL POST....

cue "the more you know..."

It is the original model gm motor and I can get the pics taken later on today since it is 5 in the morning right now.

Damn that thing is Sweet!

forks

1261511832_78_tomos_forks.jpg

the other side. I had the foot rests off in this pic but I do have both and they are in identical condition. Both are missing the black rubber that goes on the top.

1261512028_78_tomos_other_side.jpg

nobody asked for these but here are a couple of pics I tried to take of the inside of the tank. my camera wouldn't focus in on anything so its the best I got.

1261512157_78_tomos_gas_tank.jpg

gm = 25 mph model. not a super bummer but a small bummer. are you near toledo or port huron? i have peeps in both those cities that could help me pick this up. hmm... pics of the rims, if there are any rust spots etc on them? bike is super clean, i'm lovin it. i def have a bunch of feelers out right now for different peds/parts/etc but for what you're asking this sounds like a good deal. i can't make any moves till january, if you can hold off till then we could maybe work something out. if you're into trades, non moped related what kind are you looking for? howabout music gear?

I'm about 2 hours north of toledo and about 2 hours straight west of port huron. Wheels are rust free but a few of the spokes have some white stuff on them that looks like it will clean off with steel wool. Rubbing it with my finger made it start to come off. well im off to work.

Chris - Have you heard from Rob lately? He has been awol since he moved back here! At least I haven't heard from him! lol

brian maybe try emailing him he doesn't come on the forums that much anymore, i think he might actually be out of the country for a few weeks though, maybe he'll pop up after the new year.... this blue tomos would be a perfect brother for my green one.... somehow i need to make this happen.... hmmm...

Ok now that I have more time to write something.... trades I was looking for were things I could use as christmas gifts but now its probably gonna be too late for any of that. Pretty much I was looking for long shot items like a wii or ps3 or gps. I have enough music gear...amps and guitars and whatnot but it didn't hurt to ask.

bump...its still for sale

very interested, have a ps3 and some cash if you're willing to settle for a trade.

jonathan you got mail.

well off to work. any other mail I will reply in the morning.

I will probably work on the bullet this weekend. If anybody wants this for the price above then speak up now cuz after I get it going I will be raising the price.

U still have it

I still have it. I didn't work on it at all over the weekend like I had planned since it was 3 degrees out so the price is still $200.

it is 100% complete just dont run?

it is complete...maybe missing a couple bolts for the flywheel cover. I picked it up and motor wasn't on it because the guy I got it from didn't know anything about mopeds. He thought the engine was bad cuz he couldn't get it to even roll over and then he showed me. he pedaled it forward instead of backwards...idiot! Like I said he knew nothing about mopeds. he got it from his 70 year old neighbor who was the original owner. actually his middle school aged son got it from the neighbor by doing yard work.

so anyway I just bolted the motor back on and didn't hook any of the wiring up. bought the missing parts and didn't put any of those on either. I had a lot going on in my life at that point and had very limited time to work on mopeds and when I did work on anything it was my hobbit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account