FT or sale Passport with 120cc engine swap

I have a 1980 passport with the 120cc lifan engine 4speed, it has five hundred miles on it and I just changed the oil. top speed 62. new tires seatcover, engine, carb, cdi, led taillight cluster. I would rather trade for puch stuff.

I want puch stuff, E-50 bottom ends (I want a kickstart). I need controls (domino pref), headlights, taillights, puch shocks & front ends, slick puch intakes that get the carb away from the block, del carbs, puch wheels, good puch exhausts, kits.

Is currently registered as a moped. could be switched to vintage cycle. I have a pretty reasonable number to sell it. It would need to be picked up in SE Michigan. check it out it rides way better than it looks, and it looks dead sexy

Re: FT or sale Passport with 120cc engine swap

guts

1259707222_dscn2774.jpg

bump, still have OG motor

.bmp doesn't work.. just FYI :D

The only pic that worked was of the motor =P

yeah. but damn. are you still running the original gear ratio? geared out that thing could really tear shit up...if its not already. i love passports. so fun to ride. just out of curiosity how much was that lifan and what degree of difficulty did you have getting it to work on the passport? was the wiring different? did it come with that carb?

i'm very interested...im considering buying one of my dads passports and making it super fast...

nash I am running a larger drive gear bra, the bike functions so much better with the front wheel on the ground. the engine I came with had the cdi, carb, intake (Iused a different intake) and errtang as a kit. the only problem I had was getting the stator to charge the electrics. I fianlly just decided to run the lights off of a jell cell 12v and charge it once a week. If you want to come get it make me a trade offer and send it my way. an outrite sale would be low four figures, but I would rather trade.

muchos gracias casey here are som pics of the biek propper.

max GPS 62

does 40 @ 1/3 trottle (Quiet)

call me (810) 987-4672

moonshiner

I would rather trade than sell

I want puch stuff, E-50 bottom ends (I want a kickstart). I need controls (domino pref), headlights, taillights, puch shocks & front ends, slick puch intakes that get the carb away from the block, del carbs, puch wheels, good puch exhausts, kits.

Is currently registered as a moped. could be switched to vintage cycle. I have a pretty reasonable number to sell it. It would need to be picked up in SE Michigan. check it out it rides way better than it looks, and it looks dead sexy

1259757091_cub2.jpg

sanps look at that azzz. runnng an LED tail light/turn siganl cluster exhaust is OG seat is new

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ - Hoke from Black Pipes Moped Gang /

gaah! bmp files look like hiroglyphics!! jpg or die!!!

Hey, you can see .bmp files when you use Google Chrome! Cool.

Otherwise, though, they just look like a string of hieroglyphics, yeah.

Moonshiner, I don't know how we possibly avoided talking about

this bike when you were here - especially since I rode my version

for the last days of the rally.

Mine is a 90cc cub (CM91) converted to top tank with a Combat

Wombat tank, and a 110cc Lifan. I originally went for the 90cc

Lifan, but the seller bombed, refunded me 100 dollars, and

sent the 110 instead. Hey, $1.20 a CC for a new engine, carb,

and CDI box is a pretty good deal...

So, to answer Nash's questions a bit more - these are supposed

to be bolt-on engines. Instead, they're a bit fiddly - for mine, I

had to drill one extra engine mount hole, make a shift lever, and

make a set of footrests (as the bolt spacing on the footrests was

different). Still WAY easier than putting an engine meant for

one bike on a completely different one.

The 110 with a 13 front and stock rear sprocket (42 maybe?)

lifts the front wheel in first, and tops out around 60 in fourth.

The fact that Moonshiner's is registered as a moped blows my

mind. If someone had a CT90 (with a dual-range transmission),

a fiberglass fairing, some slick tires, and a big aftermarket

Lifan engine, I could see them pushing high eighties with a

little moped sticker winking in the slipstream.

I have been thinking about doing something similar.

I got this ratty ass c70 this year for 125 dollars. Dude said it had been in storage in Arizona for like 15 years.

I got her running in 1 afternoon. Oddly enough though, I also have had trouble with my engine charging my battery. sometimes it does, sometimes not. Its like when you have an alternator that is dying.

What did the 110 engine cost? Maybe someone answered that, but I missed it. Maybe I could even find one in a junkyard.

Also, doppelkolben, could you post a picture?

My friend and I found this dude with this mad stash of hondamatic bikes. CT70s, C90s, those little toptank 70s that look like tiny scramblers, like 10 different ones in all. We are considering buying them all in a package, fixing and selling a bunch in order to pay for the parts to make like 3 or 4 bad ass rippers.

Damn, those "little top tank 70s" are SL70s, probably. I just got

two of those (with one engine), and they are fantastic. Their tube

frames are sort of like a Garelli Monza in size and appearance,

but are actually much stronger (and a bit heavier, but still...).

I'm already post-jacking a little bit, so I'll just say that there is

a picture of my bike in this other Moonshiner thread break>

+++

The 110cc Lifan I got was super cheap, but I don't recommend

buying one new. If you're going to buy a new Lifan engine,

get either one of the little ones meant for restorations (the 70

or 90cc ones), or a big one like Moonshiner got (I wonder if

his has CDI, by the way - I just can't tell).

The 110cc is sort of the bottom of the line - you can snap

them up cheap on craigslist because they were used in all

kinds of pitbikes and kids quads.

yeah james I had to do the pedal widening thingey but my engine alighnment was perfect. this engine makes most of it's power under 4000 rpm makes great traffic runner. but allas I need the space. and I hve too many puch projects in waiting.

Yeah I will have to keep my eye open for one of the 110cc deals.

In all reality, I think a C70 is probably the most efficient and realistic and overall best form of fair weather transportation.

They are dead reliable, quick off the line, and can cruise at pretty much any city road speed. Plus they are quiet, easy on gas, easy to work on, and parts are cheap and easily obtainable. It even has a trailer hookup in case you and your passenger need to carry extra shit.

I can see why the cub family is the most sellingest cycle ever. its just so practical.

Are there any other little top tank hondamatic 70s? I didn't get a very good look at it, but maybe that is it. Dude wanted 150 for it, so I was like meh. I think it was missing the muffler so I passed.

sold

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account