Its all about the tools

If you didnt have a pot, could you make spaghetti? If you didnt have a microwave or toaster oven how would you cook totino's pizza rolls. How could you become a carpenter without a hammer. Same sort of thing applies to mopeds, dont ghetto try and strip the shit or go to town with a hammer. Please use the correct tools for the correct applications. Tools are made to do specific jobs, use them..if you dont have them....well stop being skeet and go buy them. People 30 years from now will thank you when their mopeds arent all super jank.

That is all.

Re: Its all about the tools

are you saying moped jay and I using a 2" trailer ball and a plank to pound a 19mm carb and a shim on to a intake is a bad thing? LOL

I'm not sure there is a tool that is designed for shimming intakes. Probably the better bet would have been to buy/make an intake that would match without a shim. I'm not saying dont make stuff work, I'm just saying if there is a flywheel removal tool, you should use it instead of pounding the shit out of the flywheel. If there is a tool for the job, maybe investing in tools instead of kits/pipes/other bullshit would be a wise investment in the future.

you didnt ever like the MacGyver tv show did you orange?

Who the fuck is MacGyver? Was his first name Jimmy, his middle rigged, last MacGyver.

Buy/Sell forum?

Oh, and it's hard using the right tools when SOMEONE TAKES THEM

Where is my flywheel puller, dickfaces!?

i thought you were selling tools. how useless is this?

VERY

I bought the wrong flywheel puller the other day... :(

Overpriced Parts /

If I lost my ball joint fork and torch I would be lost

WRONG FORUM FUCKFACE ! ..lol.

Meh, I pride myself on being able to fix a bike that hasn't run for a decade or two with a leatherman and a rock.

It does kind of piss me off though when I get a bike and a prev/ner just raped the wiring or stripped off some stuff or forced standard bolts into metric threaded holes on the frame or what have you.

For example, I just got this garelli the other day. I started poking around trying to get it to run and I noticed a disturbing trend.

Pretty much every single fastener, ever nut, bolt, screw, whatever, was finger tight. It was like someone took the whole damn bike apart, like down to its individual components, then put it all back together just finger tightening everything. They obviously had to have tool so as to get it apart, but then they were like eh fuck it, and just twisted all the fastners by hand.

The oddest thing is that it wasn't put back together wrong. Ever thing was right as far as I could tell.

Weird.

_It does kind of piss me off though when I get a bike and a prev/ner just raped the wiring or stripped off some stuff or forced standard bolts into metric threaded holes on the frame or what have you._

Yes, that.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account