FS: 1966 Yamaha YL1 100cc motorcycle project

For sale is a 1966 Yamaha YL1 100cc two-stroke motorcycle project. A very cool bike but it needs a good amount of work. Its a 100cc twin, two parallal 50cc cylinders. 4 or 5 speeds. Has decent compression, kicks over fine, goes into gear. No spark, wiring needs redone, rusty tank, carbs need cleaning, seat needs redone. I think the basic engine itself is good. The previous owner said he had it running briefly. Basically complete, I have the side covers and a tail light for it. Probably needs some stator parts, I see complete stators go up on ebay for $20 - 40.

I have a signed pink slip for it but it has someone else's name written on the back so I dunno how useful that is for getting a title, you could maybe work something out.

Asking $150, located in philadelphia.

Re: FS: 1966 Yamaha YL1 100cc motorcycle project

emailed

yeah man, emailed.

That seat is so cool (even if it's worn out)!

the antique mall in maumee ohio has a damn-near new seat for one of these for $18. I saw it on saturday and was tempted to pick it up for someone to use for something.

Sold!

That seat is actually off a 70s yamaha, the leather is fine but the stuffing was completely rotted so it needs new foam.

Wish you had gotten that seat bro, I need 1 for a YL1!

WOnder if it's a Guiliari...

Wondering if you still have the bike for sale? I'm in central Jersey and could swiing by some day this weekend and pick the pile up. Could use a winter project and always wanted a YL1. Chris 201-681-0762

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account