e50 woodruff

almost done with my rebuild, the only thing standing between me and the open road it an e50 woodruff. can anybody get one sent out to me today?

thanks.

Re: e50 woodruff

GARzan Justin /

Run out to the hardware store (Ace), buy one that fits. Ride today!

Ace sells standard ones not metric. Not an perfect fit but they still work kinda.

I swear they sell metric ones. Maybe you didnt look hard enough.

I looked. Maybe your confused.

I found ones that match up for the e50 and the ZA. There were right there next to the e-clips even says the measurements in metrics. I know they sell standard ones too, ask an associate.

I second (third? fourth?) the notion to get one at the hardware store. Buy a few that look like they'll fit and try them out. If none fit, file or dremel one down until it DOES fit. I pulverized about 1/3 of my woodruff key in Austin, and I just stuck a wad of aluminum foil under it to prop it up enough to make it stick out so I could align the flywheel, and then I rode that home ... which involved getting lost on the highway for 10 miles. If a partially destroyed, aluminum-foiled woodruff key can do that for me, I'm sure that whatever you get from the hardware store will be good enough, at least until you can get a real replacement. It doesn't have to fit perfectly; it just has to fit well enough that you can use it to line the flywheel up.

Well I guess you got lucky. I hit a crafty bever an Ace and the home depot b4 giving up. Maybe its regional, idk. All I was able to get were standard keys and I was able to make it work.

WTB: Woodruff e50

Nope, none at our local hardware store, home depot doesn't have it either. checked before posting.

treats is out, special order from 1977, can anyone help?

Re: WTB: Woodruff e50

I don't have any extras (besides the one I destroyed) but if nobody else can come up with one, I could check my local hardware store tomorrow and see if they've got one that's the right size, and if they do, I could send it to you.

Re: WTB: Woodruff e50 help!

Still looking for one. Anybody? Bueler? Please!!!

these are the 3.5mm tall ones right, the ZA's have the 3.7mm ones. I'm fairly sure they have them at ACE up the street. I could buy it and send it to ya but I would require you to send me stickers or buttons in exchange. Got any cool buttons or stickers? Moped related please...

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Tractor Supply or Lowes should have one that will fit.

I'll go to the hardware store in a bit and see what I can find. If anything matches or is close to the woodruff key on mine, I'll send it to you (for free).

Linda you are too nice, I was at least gonna get stickers out of the deal. While your at it, send me an e50 flywheel key too, thanks.

Try McMaster.com, part #98490A160 3mmx10mm woodruff keys. 25 for $6.25.

_Linda you are too nice, I was at least gonna get stickers out of the deal_

That's not too nice.

_While your at it, send me an e50 flywheel key too, thanks_

THAT would be too nice.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account