Re: e50 woodruff

[[ Linda ]] /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I second (third? fourth?) the notion to get one at the hardware store. Buy a few that look like they'll fit and try them out. If none fit, file or dremel one down until it DOES fit. I pulverized about 1/3 of my woodruff key in Austin, and I just stuck a wad of aluminum foil under it to prop it up enough to make it stick out so I could align the flywheel, and then I rode that home ... which involved getting lost on the highway for 10 miles. If a partially destroyed, aluminum-foiled woodruff key can do that for me, I'm sure that whatever you get from the hardware store will be good enough, at least until you can get a real replacement. It doesn't have to fit perfectly; it just has to fit well enough that you can use it to line the flywheel up.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account