WTB: Hobbit throttle cable

I need a throttle cable for my hobbit so sell me one or if anybody knows which one will work from treats I'll get that cuz I have no idea how long a stock one is. I use Paypal.

Re: WTB: Hobbit throttle cable

There are a few on eBay right now. Search for "Honda hobbit" or "Honda pa50".

Yeah but I don't wanna spend $13 plus shipping or $40 plus shiping off ebay for a used one when they are $8 for a new one from treats.

They are $10 direct from honda for a honda part

17910-148-780 Cable, Throttle $10.85

Call your local dealer, most can get parts in 3 days or so

you can easily get one from the bike shop.

take the old one and match up the end

Mine has been cut and had a section taken out of the outside covering so I'm not sure how much was taken out but it's not long enough right now. I am throwing on drag bars this weekend so maybe I will just have to come up with something shorter anyway.

whatever new cable you buy will be long enough.. hobbits use a clamp on the carb to attach the cable, then you can just cut it down.

there really isnt any cable on treats that will fit into the stock hobbit housing. take the old cable to the bike shop and match the end, it only needs 1 end.

i just want to make sure the outside covering isn't too long or too short. I'm assuming the inner cable was too short for the cable covering...must has broke were it was screwed down to the carb...so the covering was cut back (instead of just buying a new $3 inner cable like the one ended one on treats) but it makes the cable stick now and it's slightly too short and makes the moped idle too high. I just want a throttle cable that's not all cobbled up. Guess i'll just buy one from treats and make it work or just splurge on that $14 one on ebay and buy a new inner (cuz I'm sure the end of the cable is all fanned out and shitty).

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account