Gilardoni flange and spacer

I had a few of these made for my own projects and have extra to share. The spacer is 1/4" aluminum and would be good if you are running one of those pre-made intakes by doppler or malossi. The flange is 3/16 steel with a 26mm hole which I anticipated for a mikuni 24. Weld away! You may need a smidge of filing but mine bolted up no problemo. $10 will get one of each to your door.

1256070620_img_6544.jpg

Re: Gilardoni flange and spacer

1256070775_img_6541.jpg

Would this raise it enough to clear the fins on the cylinder/head if you turned the intake forward?

Could you do a little measuring for me? If you want to buy one you could test it for me. If it doesn't work I'll have some 1/2" or 5/8" made and send you a replacement for free.

Well, I just bought a Motomatic foward facing intake, but I'll try this shit out if you want me to... Do you not have a Gila? I was mainly asking for other people that I know who don't want to drop 85 bucks on an intake. :)

I have a gila, the one in the pics, what I don't have is the Doppler or malossi style intake to test the height.

Would you share a photo.. of the intake you speak of?

Mine is super special 20mm totally cali radical but here you go.

Nice touch as always comes from them @ matic.

Indeed. Those dudes are FANCY.

Word... What's your PP?

Pointy! PP?

Paypal?

Any of my email adresses will work.

mike.thomas1@mac.com

Pablo Puchasso /

I'm sold. you still got more right?

Yeah dude, plenty.

nice, I wish I saw this before I had one made. I think a little less then 5/8 will let you face forward with the parmakit intake. 5/8 is common stock so I went with that.

Frederick vdL /

I have the manifolds above. I believe those work properly on the Gilardoni kits.

Could it be that the rectangular shape the ones I have are slightly better than the round-welded home made ones? Seems to me that there would be a greater amount of flow using a rectangular shape, which is bigger than the round shape I saw someone created above.

1256116088_4300spruitdelgila.jpg

MAdeleted nitronick /

^^ how exactly do you mount a carb on the intake in that picture? way to try to thread jack with a non comparable product fred

Frederick vdL /

My bad :) wasn't meaning to thread jack nothing here, just comparing my intake for the Gilardoni kits.

Why wouldn't you be able to fit a carb on that intake wheliwalkr?

Frederick vdL /

PS; Those intakes of mine are meant for Dell'orto carbs - works perfectly well.

he means the angle of the intake.

That might work good on the tomos derbi or mb5 setups because of their angled cylinders, but not on puchs. Still have plenty out there for those with tubes and welders.

Just paypalled you 10 bucks. Ship it!

To those who paypaled, they are packed up and going out tomorrow. Still have more, and I will have some 1/2" thick spacer ready for those who want to switch sides with those doppler or malossi intakes.

i would take a 1/2 in spacer. that would be nice to be able to swith side with my intake.

Shipped!

Boom! As soon as I get it, I'll let you know if it works...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account