78 Hobbit PA50II : part out ?

I have a yellow honda project/parts bike, that I'm losing interest in. It's missing the hand controls & headlight, but everything else "seems" to be there.

Engine has compression. The wiring is a mess. The variator seems rusty, but the rear wheel one moves fine. Spoke rims. Short seat. The gas tank is sprayed black. The frame has a metal beer can holder welded to it.... yup. welded!

I'm just seeing if there is any interest from anyone on parting this thing out. Tell me what you are looking for and what you'd pay. E-mail me, or post questions here.

I'll take some pics when I can get back to the fortress sometime this week..(wed). I have no pics as of right now.

Re: 78 Hobbit PA50II : part out ?

Engine I need

Ok, like I said the wiring is a mess. I could not get it too spark yet. Do you want the carb with the engine?? E-mail me an offer.

Ohh Yea, I forgot it has no pedals or pedal crank either...

coil coil coil

do you have the foot rests or floor boards or whatever you want to call them?

I haven't heard from you yet. If you have the foot rests I will definately take them as long as they are usable.

Trent - Sorry, no foot rests on it...

Ian G. - It does have a coil, (unless Brandon needs it) e-mail me with your offer.

Brandon - I'm considering your offer on the engine. Does that include the coil? I've never shipped an engine before...do you know what the shipping would cost? maybe $20 or so i'd think. Would you add that $20 shipping cost on top to your offer?

I'll get back to you within a couple days when I get the bike back in my garage, and hear back from some other offers I got on the engine.

I'm definitley parting this thing out! Who's next?

Headlight! Mine is cracked...

Alex - uhh, my first post said "missing headlight". SO, I can't help ya out there....

Carb, please.

Another one...do you have that brown air snorkle that goes into the air box?

I might be selling this whole thing locally. (without the coil) I'll know by tommorrow. If not...here we go...

Trent- I think it has the snorkel piece. I'll let ya know.

Kim - I tried to get the carb off when I first got it. The intake manifold seems really stuck tight to the engine. I sprayed it with PB BlastR a few days ago, and I'll try to get things apart later tonite.

Ian G - would you pay $15 shipped for the coil? I haven't heard back from Brandon if he wants that yet.

thanks...I have to leave for work right now and won't be back home until 7AM but I want the snorkel if it is there.

Nasty Damon Freedom /

do you have the plastic shroud or are you missing the case shroud and bulb

Hey everyone - I got a good offer, & I sold this bike locally. Thanx for the interest.

I kept the Coil & Air Snorkel for Ian & Trent. E-mail me about the details you two, or I'll put them up for sale again.

Still haven't recieved the air snorkel. Ian did you receive your coil?

Trent, - Did you get the air snorkel yet? I included some hobbit decals with it when I sent it out weeks ago.

Ian - I haven't heard back from ya about the coil. I still have it for sale. $15 shipped.

yup i got it a long time ago... sorry i thought that you would just know i got it if i didn't say anything. thanks again.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account