FS: 1964 Yamaha YG1

1964 Yamaha YG1 80cc two stroke with four speed manual trans.This bike needs a little tlc but runs great. Come with repair manual and parts break down manual. Needs kick starter fixed but bump starts with ease. Bike is located in Maine. $800

! http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q308/84gti/IMG_0086.jpg!

Re: FS: 1964 Yamaha YG1

Wow.

Damn, dude. We were looking at this thing on CL 3 weeks ago. Does it have a title? I've been trying to register my AR80 for months now without a title in Mass. It's nearly impossible. I'm almost there, but it's been a helluva time.

I have a YG1 project ready for the winter. Love these. But what I wanted to say is you should check with these guys to get a replacement title.

http://www.its-titles.com/

Not sure exactly how they do it, but basically, they live in a state with reasonable title/bmv laws. You sell them the bike with a bill of sale. They register it in their name and get a title using the bill of sale. They sell it back to you and send you the brand-new title. You waltz into your local BMV and transfer it easily.

Its impressive how similar old small yamahas and kawasakis were, I had a 71' kawi G3 90cc and that clutch assembly and the carb integrated into the case with surrounding airbox is exactly the same. Old kawis seem alot harder to get parts for than yami's though

yeah, similar layouts except kawasaki's dealer network basically didnt exist in the US till way after yamaha's was well-established.

restoring my '66 kawasaki F2 is going to be a fucking nightmare. i know it.

pepi, how fast is this bike? its got the same engine as my '72 yamaha except mines a 3-speed. has a flat though so im trying to get an idea of the stock speed before i mod it...

I used to race one of these back in the day. If you are really lucky, you might scare up the factory GYT kit for it. It included an aluminum cylinder, piston, high comp head, new rotary valve and cover, a carb from a 250cc Yamaha and a killer expansion pipe. Things really blasted. I used to pull 500 matchless and gold stars out of the corners clear to the end of fairly long straights!

Yeah, Kolin - I've checked those guys out too. It's a little too sketchy for me, but maybe it's legit.

hi. i need some help. i just picked up a very rare yamaha mg1. i cant find parts to get a stator or magneto. and i was hoping to do a swap with a yg1. could you measure the shaft size and stator plate. that would be super helpful.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account