WTB iPhone 3G :)

Anyone looking to upgrade to a 3GS? I'll take your 3G off your hands, and help with the upgrade price. Hit me up.

Re: WTB iPhone 3G :)

do yourself a favour, get a black berry storm instead ;)

eh, not a huge fan of blackberries. I had an old ass phone for years, finally upgraded to a G1 about 2 months, not realizing that it's basically obsolete, and newer firmwares won't work on it. :(

I've use iphones before, I typically stay away from ultra popular stuff like that, but from what I've seen they're pretty awesome. Plus jailbreaking them opens up a lot of options (like being able to use it on tmobile which I'm stuck with for 2 years now...)

Yeah, seriously. I hate that I love my iPhone so much. Have had mine unlocked on T-Mobile for about a year and a half and it's great.

Can you use 3G networks speeds on TMobile on your iPhone? I've been reading up, but all the articles that say you can only use Edge are pretty old.

Well, mine is a 2G, and the only reason I haven't bought a 3G or 3Gs is the same reason you're mentioning: Apparently T-Mo uses a different 3G network that's incompatible with the iPhone.

If you learn otherwise, please let me know!

Maybe I should look for a 2G then, because they're basically the same right? Except for the addition of gps? I figure I could use the 2G on TMo for now, then upgrade to whatever the newish one is in two years (will probably be like 8 more itterations of the phone by then) and switch to at&t

Yeah, GPS is the only real difference. I mean, you can still do turn-by-turn nav, but no real time.

is this a moped ur trying to buy?wtf

why do you say your G1 is obsolete and new firmwares won't work on it?

because the g2 (mytouch) is out, or coming out soon, along with a lot of other android phones. I've heard rumors that new firmware updates won't work on the g1 because they use more memory than the g1 has. the g1 was the first android phone, so it does have that 'beta' style feeling to it, I just wish I'd known it would happen so soon after buying it.

The phone will still do what it does, it just won't have any of the new features.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

i have 2x 16gb 3g, w/ fresh 1600mah battery (1145 stock). og boxes, white, general pocket scratches on the case but clean screen. should get a case for it anyways. $350 i got mine at best buy insured so i dont give a what- 3GS 32gb, they rule. other phones dont matter unless you have an old sidekick for the hxc cred, or of course a zack morris phone. the gps alone has helped me get those peds you wanted to buy while you're still rubbing the blackberry's nipple, now i can post video of me loading them up as its happening.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

oh yeah 350$ each. if you dont already have att and plan on getting 3g service they're cheaper to get em that way. break em you're f'd!

Well that seems to be the price, 300-400 for an out of contract iphone. more than I wanted to spend, but whatever I really want one. lol. I'm trying to sell my netbook at the moment (http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/1365304674.html), once that's gone I'll have the money, I'll hit you up Rob.

Rob @t ATTN! Burrito /

forgot to mention i have a black 8gb 3G as well, case is alot less scratched but no box- unless i can find it soon... $275. to be honest if you have the mobileme you can store hella gigs of whatever online storage and download it to your phone whenever you desire. it's bullshit about paying for it but def. reccomended because not only can you locate your phone within 50 feet online if it's lost, you can also remotely wipe it if it's stolen. someone needs to make that app without having to subscribe to apple. that's my only gripe about the phone. jailbroken they're even sweeter. no subscription to apple, way more apps (free) and of course, every nes game in your pocket. ipwn has the details.

g1 will be able to get the updates. mytouch is awesome. android phones are going to bloooow up in the next year. every manufacturer and carrier will have them. the new motorola one looks great cannot wait to get my hands on it next month.

Rob, does the 8gb 3g come with charger/earbuds, anything else? Is it jailbroken already? Firmware version? I'm interested in this one, price is right too. It's not hot is it? :) jk, I don't care.

If/when I sell my netbook I'll hit you up. My email is jonathanhirz [at] gmail, get at me with the details dude.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account