Re: WTB LTD#1

I'll pay $1001

Ill pay $1002

$1010

thats rite

I know where it is........ How much for just the info?

I sold #500 a year ago for $1,400.00.

Ike

and..... I know where #000001 is

If you pay me money I'll have someone make a placard that says #1

# 00001 is not the standard color, its White.

Ike

I'm burying them in Montana

You'll thank me later:)

-s

Ike! Dont give it away!

Ike I think they need to hear the story on #1

Maybe that will give him a lead on where it is

This is the story behind the quest for the lost Puch Magnum LTD #0001 known as the "Albino" by Puch officials. According to Puch historians, the Albino was the only White Puch Magnum LTD ever produced. There have been rumors of the existance of this bike for years, but most Puch collectors don`t beleive it exists, but I know it does.

I first heard about this bike through a friend , of a friend, of a friend of the brother -in-law of a cousin of one of the executives of Puch USA. I am one of two living people that know the location of the "Albino" This is the true story.

It is well known that, many years ago, I spent five years in a reform school for shooting out the eye of a local moped dealer named "Joey Buttawipo" with my "Red Ryder" BB gun. But thats another story.

Anyway, after i got out of reform school i hopped a freight, and came back to my old home town. I tried for two years to find a decent job but no employer would hire me because of my record. I worked at odd jobs for a couple of years, but i kept getting in trouble and getting fired, until one day someone told me I should move to New Jersey because that was the only state I could find a job with my record.

Well , I took this advice and thumbed my way up to New Jersey. And it turned out to be good advice because I landed a job soon as I arrived . I got a job selling Surf Boards at RonJon`s Surf shop in Ship Bottom New Jersey. Well, this turned out to be a great job and I loved it. I soon had a great suntan and my hair turned white, and I got to meet all kinds of Surfer chicks. It was great in the summer, but Surf Boards don`t sell too good in the winter, and chicks all had to put their clothes back on. And my sales commission was low in the winter so I almost starved. But it was better than reform school in Chicago.

Then one day while I was working at RonJon`s an old man came riding down the beach on a Puch moped and parked it right in front of the shop. Well needless to say, the sight of that moped immediately brought back memories of my Dreambike, the 1977 Garelli Grand Sport LTD ! I forgot all about selling Surf Boards and struck up a conversation with this old guy, and I told him I loved mopeds and I wanted to have my own shop someday and I was going start a collection of the rarest mopeds I could find. He was a friendly guy and he was happy to talk about mopeds, and then he said I know where the rarest moped of all time is located. And I said ya? and where might that be ?? It happens that there was a bar next door to RonJon`s called the "Armpit Pub". So the old guys says, if you buy me a drink, I will tell you the story of the "Albino". So I said ok geezer, you got a deal.

After about fifteen double "Canucks" (cc & water) he finally started telling me what I wanted to hear. He told me his name was Joseph Dugg and he was at one time the Sales Manager at Puch USA. He said back in 1979, he and the president of Puch USA, his wife, and two daughters were flying in a Dehavilland Beaver on their way to the moped Dealer XPO IN Bogata, Columbia , in South America. They were taking the "Albino" to the show, but they never made it. He said they were flying over the rain forest near the Amazon river and just before they started the flight over the Andes Mountains the carbeurator on the Beaver iced up and the engine quit. And the plane crashed in the jungle in the middle of one of the most remote and hostile enviroments on earth. He said everyone on the plane survived the crash, but the pilot had both arms broken. But he said the "Albino" never had a scratch!

They waited in the jungle for weeks hoping they would be rescued. But no one came and they nearly starved. They had no problem finding water because they were in a rain forest. But they were hungry. In fact they were so hungry they ended up eating the tires and the seat off the "Albino" to survive.

Just when they thought the end was near, they were rescued by a group of friendly natives . They were from the Mec tribe. They are the ones you see on the Discovery channel. They walk around the jungle with Blow guns, killing Tapirs and Toucans and stuff. You know, the little guys that go around with their "stickers" "pecking" out!

Well, the natives had never seen white girls before, or a white moped. But they were more interested in the girls than the Albino. The older of the girls, the fairer of the two was named Elizabeth, the younger, the more delicate one was named Marie. There are two lakes named after these girls, I beleive they are in Wisconsin. One of the young natives fell in love with Elizabeth and they ran off into the jungle together. The next day the native came back without the girl. He said she went to swallow his, I mean she got swallowed by a giant Anaconda.

After the natives killed a tapir and had a big feast and was all happy again they were told they would be taken back to their village to meet the cheif. So they made everyone carry all the luggage and stuff from the plane. When they saw the pilot had two broken arms and couldn`t help carry anything, one of them picked up a balsa log and clubbed him to death with it. Two of the natives tied the Albino upside down to a log like they was carrying a dead Tapir and carried it to the village to give it to the cheif who thougt it was some kind of a gift from the gods.

After a while the cheif told Joseph Dugg and the others they were free to go but the would have to leave the Albino. He said the last time he saw the Albino, it was leaning against the chief`s hut and was looking pretty rough. They made their way through the jungle to the Amazon river where they stold some dugout canoes and paddled all the way to the end of the Amazon where they booked passage on a Copra Barge bound for Savanna Ga.

Mr Dugg ended up making it all the way back to new Jersey where he lives today. He said he has no interest in the Albino or making another trip to South America. I now have in my posession a detailed map to the exact location of the White Puch Magnum LTD #0001.

I am now planning an expedition to South America. I will be bringing the Albino" home where it will reside in my colllection.

Ike

Only God can make a tree....

John Joedicke /

15 double Canucks!

Do you know what blood looks like in black and white? SHADOWS!!!

I recently heard that Hitler did not kill himself and made his way to Brazil after WWII

was this bike really delivered to the F

That's old new.. and it was argentina!

There are those who know the truth....

There was an Austrian who rose up from a humble background and despite the handicap of a missing testicle led a country to war. A war that was as terrible as it was long. Europe is scattered with the bodies of young men who dies well before their time as a result of his ambitions. This man was Adolf Hitler

This man, who had the ability to rally men behind his cause with an almost religious fervor, was obsessed with internal combustion and engineering. He was a champion of cheap transport for the masses and started many projects that led his adopted county to the pinnacle of automotive excellence.

A less well know passion was cheap transport for the individual. His KDF wagen was to provide this mobility for the family, he needed to do the same for a person without the entrapments of family. The lonely boring individual who had no hope of ever having a family and fitting into society..

His quest led him to Josef und Franz Werndl and Company who became Steyr-Werke AG. In 1934, Steyr merged with Austro-Daimler-Puch to form Steyr-Daimler-Puch.

This design challenge, to build cheap transport for the social misfit, led to the birth of the modern moped. In fact there are certain historians that claim the failure of his forces on the eastern front was a direct result of his order that ground troops must ride mopeds into battle. This failure and the effort thrown in to build more and more mopeds led to the collapse of the Third Reich.

Moving forward some years, there were still elements within industrial post war Germany and Austria that were supporters of the ideals of the Fuhrer. With great respect and reverence to the man, all first production was reserved for him personally.

As a result there is either no number 1 of anything from these manufactures or some believe that number 1 is built and sent to Brazil (Argentina was a clever rues) where he was rumored to be living in hiding. Perhaps this is why the mythical number one was white instead of cream; to show its racial purity as a true Aryan descendent.

I believe there are many #1's out there, You see they had a secret plan to obtain #1's dna and implant it into a bunch of regular magnums, afterwards reloacating them in various countries to be raised by former puch factory workers, These clones are exact in every way, same color white, same headlights, same tires, same everything, perfect duplicates of their father #1, When the time is right,these perfect clones will rise up and lead the way in the impending moped revoloution !

So, what's up with the BB Gun Story ?

Back in 1979 when I was 5 years old, there was an Italian illegal immigrant with a mean sounding New Jersey accent named "Joey Buttawipo, who ran a Garelli moped shop in the small town where I was raised.

Well, I had to walk 4 miles to school every day. And every day on my way to school I would stop at the moped shop and press my face against the glass and stare at the 79 Grand Sport LTD. And every day Joey would come runnin out of the shop and yell, get the Hell outta hea kid ! You`re gettin snot on my friggin glass !!!. And he would scare me so bad I would piss my pants and by the time I got to school my pants would be froze to my leggs and I could barely walk. It was just a few days before Christmas and it was cold! And I wanted that 79 Grand Sport LTD worse than anything in the world.

Needless to say, I did`nt get the 79 Grand Sport LTD for Christmas that year. But I did get a used Red Ryder BB gun. I guess I was in a deep depression and I just Lost it ! It was the day after Christmas and I was walking home from school . I had the barrel of my Red Ryder shoved down in one of my gum boots so nobody could see it. Then I layed down in the ditch across the street from the moped shop and waited for Joey Buttawipo to close up. Just as he turned around after locking the door, I shot his "eye out" with my Red Ryder BB gun!

Last time I saw Joey Buttawipo he was writhing in pain laying on the sidewawlk in front of his shop. And that was the last time I saw that beautiful 79 Grand Sport LTD. I lit a cigarette on a parking meter and walked on down the road. It was a normal day.

I was almost home when I heard sirens and saw red lights. It was the local constable, Clyde Wardlow. He had his 44 mag. pointed right at my head and he said you are in deep S**t now kid! He threw me in the back seat of his 53 Studebaker and hauled me to the Brown County jail.

The next thing I know, I`m in Reform School in Chicago Illinois. While I was there they made me learn a trade. I took a course on welding and when they let me out ,all I had in my pocket was a few BB`s and my welding diploma. So I walked down West Chicago Ave and went in the first Beer joint I came to. I sat down at the bar and struck up a conversation with a skinny old man with a German accent. I told him I was a pennyless welder who just got out of Reform School. He said my name is Ignatz Schwinn, do you need a job? For the next few years I was brazing frames for the Schwinn Bicycle Co. One day I told Ignatz, you know what , he said what? I said my Dream bike was made in Italy and it has a motor on it and I say to Hell with pedaling! Well he hated mopeds and he said, you know what, and I said what? he said You`re fired!

Again, I`m walking down the Street feeling kinda lonesome and blue. I needed someone to talk to. I walked on down 42nd St. I walked into a bar where I met a girl named "Sweet Malinda" the peasants call her the "Goddess of Doom" She spoke good English and she invited me up to her room. I went, but she had friend who knocked me out and robbed my boots, and I was on the street again.

Pretty soon I`m walking along a railroad track when I notice a Beautiful streamlined Steam engine with "N&W" on the side of it getting ready to pull out of the station with a train headed South.It was the "Powatan Arrow", the Fastest Steam engine in the world! The N & W " railroad passes right through my home town and I knew if I could "hop" this freight, I would be home in a few hours. I jump in the first open boxcar I see and pretty soon I`m rollin along past farms and fields on a South bound odyessy and I feel the wheels rumblin neath the floor. Pretty soon, I`m sleepin like a baby, On the "Nickle.... over there" ! And my dream takes me back to the 79 Gran Sport LTD!

Its about 2 am whem I awake to the sqealing brakes and clatter of the rails. I look out and see that I am at long last back in my home town of Sardinia Ohio. The old town looks the same, as I step down from the train, but there`s no one there to meet me, not my mama or my papa, just the cold cold streets of home.

At last I`m walkin on the same sidewalk that I walked to school on. And pretty soon I`m standin in front of Joey Buttawipo`s moped shop!, but its all boarded up and the windows are broken. And I just had to peer throught the dirty glass one more time, lookin for my Dream bike, the 79 Grand Sport LTD. But it was not there.

Now its years later and I have my own moped shop . And I still have never seen my Dream bike. But that will all change Monday, because I will be heading over to Belpre Ohio to pick up my very own 79 Grand Sport LTD.

I hope you all understand now?

Ike

Only God can make a tree....

and only Tomos can make a Moped!

idk about any #1,,,, but this thread is full of #2's :-)

All that happened when you were 5? awesome

we need to get a ride going to the Amazon..

This thread is full of gold

Well, the story about me selling #500 for $1,400.00 is true. The story about #0000001 does have some fiction in it.

There is one interesting fact about #500. While I owned it, I found what I think is probably the original owners name and SS# engraved on the frame. I had planned on using the SS# to track this guy down and try to find out anything he could tell me about where he purchased the bike and any other details But, I never got around to it and sold the bike. I don`t know if the guy I sold it to ever tried to locate the original owner or not.

I do know the bike did travel around the country. At one time Zippymopeds in California owned this bike. He told me he got it from a guy in Arkansas. Later he sold it to guy in Texas. Then it went to Kentucky. From there it went to Ohio. It had two owners in Ohio. I was the second owner in Ohio. I owned it for a couple of years. I sold the bike to a guy in Connecticut. I guess its still up there, but I am not sure.

Thats all I know about #500

Ike

ike. you are amazing. next whiskey business you have to come and tell stories. fact or fiction, i dont care, that was a good read!

Ike's a real nice guy. He helped TBS out when we were just turds years ago...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account