FS: parting a '79 PA50II

Parting this one in order to gain a beautiful nc50. After a broken pedal and rear variator oil leak, it's time for it to goto a better place or better places.

All shipping to US will be through Canada Post/USPS expedited, it is traceable.

Please e-mail or reply with the parts you want and I'll get you some pics & price with shipping.

NOTES:

- Tires are 1 year old Sawa MC-11, excellet condition; same with inner tubes.

- Brake pads are brand new EBC

- Threads in both pedal crank arms are toast, one has a pedal professionally welded, the same can be done to the other.

- Pedal shaft is 1 year old OEM

- Belt has some life left to it

- Seat cover in nice condition but should be upholstered

- Reeds are Boyensen made for non-kitted PA50s

- Exhaust was decarbonized only

1249321168_100_2410.jpg

Re: FS: parting a '79 PA50II

don't you dare part out that beautiful hobbit.

yeah you should sell that straight up. take the decals off the shocks though. shits gross

I tried to sell it whole... the market here is almost inexistant. The rear variator is fubar'ed and the rear wheel has a huge dent. Shipping for a whole is rear wheel assembly doesn't make economic sense either.

Why not put most of these parts to good use and revive many more hobbits and getting a great nc50 in return? Now THAT's economic sense!

Definitely want

Pedal Shaft

Seat

Mirrors

Front Variator

What's the condition of the controls? Any rust/stickiness?

OK, so you said the rear variator got an oil leak. You mean the gearbox? What's the condition of the actual pulley? I might want that too.

I'll take the variator and weights shipped to 97206

damn, how did you beat me.....? You're good.....

Haha, sorry no-tit :)

(Forgot to mention, shipping to 92129)

Jake Shaughnessy /

how much for the cdi?

Weak- End Justus /

Email sent

Front wheel? emailed.

Is the tank rust free? If so how much shipped to Chicago IL 60630? Do you have the title for it? If so how much for frame and forks??

Those are all yours, you'll need to give me a day or two to take all the parts off and have pictures ready for you. Shipping will cost a pretty penny but I'm not looking to make a fortune off the parts.

The controls are not rusty nor sticky, the pulleys on the rear variator are straight.

You're in luck, I have a 2nd variator + weights.. I'll just make sure I have all the screws, weights, weight holders and such since I dismantled it a few months ago.

I'll get back to you asap about it.

Hmmm does a 79 have a CDI?? I thought it was points or something but I'm an electrical noob.

The gas tank is taken. I don't have a title for it however I have extra front forks is good condition, painted black.

Jake Shaughnessy /

hmm, not to sure. could you check and see? or get a pic

I'm 99% sure it points... I really don't know how to tell or what to even look for.. like I said i'm an electrical noob.

yea sweeet!!!!!!!! E-mailing now!

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

If the headlight works, I want it, to Portland 97214

Tom Jessen /

Do you have a speedometer cable that you would sell?

I have a speedo but no speedo cable.

The headlight works, are you looking just for the sealed bulb or the whole headlight bucket with bulb?

I emailed you, but apparently I don't read so good. I still might want those brake levers.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Just the sealed bulb, thanks.

Re: FS: parting a '79 PA50II-Speedo cable

Tom Jessen /

What I really need is the hardware that attaches the cable to the wheel hub. Any chance you have that? I can fabricate the cable and I have the outer sheath.

Hardare for the brake or the speedo?

Not sure what sheath is...

I don't have a speedo cable nor do I have the wheel hub part.

I have a front wheel brake assembly though.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Dave.

TOM: Is this the part you need?

I have also have the speedo cable (square end) and the sheath although the plastic is pretty aged.

Once I figure out (or if you can give me some suggestions) how I can cover that area with some kind of spacer or metal cover I can mail you both the speedometer and the cable.

I won't be needing it since I'm going to an electronic tach and speedometer. No need for mechanical parts -- hall effect sensors are much better :)

It's all good.. that's the only part I don't have.

Tom Jessen /

I have the part that's highlighted. I also have the speedometer. I have the cable outer sheath with the nut that fastens to the speedometer. What I don't have is the cable itself, and the associated hardware that attaches the bottom of the cable sheath to the speedometer hub, which I believe is the highlighted part in your attachment.

Hope the above defines my need. I believe what you have would work for me. Please email me and I can detail my location in Wisconsin.

Thanks,

Tom J

do you have the plastic shrouds that go above the motor? and what color?

thanks

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account