I would like a fixed gear bike

MAdeleted nitronick /

I'm getting fat and I'm also lazy so don't tell me to build one. I have a puch polini with a 4 pedal reed block installed I would like to trade. maybe a kitted ttlx i would trade plus some cash I have some other random things for puch. i also have a targa frame and some ttlx classic spoked rims, they are the lightest available for tomos.

I know someone built one and never rides it!!!! I'm 5'8 with a 30" inseam so nothing huge please.

Re: I would like a fixed gear bike

Riding a fixed gear aint no ho. It will destroy your fat.

MAdeleted nitronick /

one of my coworkers rides one to work every day and its awesome to ride but I dont want to build one. that effort at this point still remains with mopeds, and I'm not pedaling one of those to work.

If no one bites just sell that kitted moped for 800 bucks or whatever and buy a fixed gear bike off ebay or something... They have new no label ones on there for like 400 bucks or something. No point in getting some crazy expensive fixed gear bike to start out with. You know?

I know that you said you are too lazy to build one BUT. At any rate, you wouldn't believe how simple it actually is to build one dude. If you knew, you would do it and save yourself a shitload of money or your moped. It would take you an hour.

You can buy an old bike or frame with horizontal drop outs, (70's and 80's japanese bikes are best) and literally remove the brakes and wheels and replace them with a 100-200 dollar set off ebay...Replace the crank with a single speed crank and you are done...

hey nitronick email me...

MAdeleted nitronick /

ok I'm not really that lazy but my free garage time needs to go to mopeds and I don't want to spend any money so I would like to trade something for one. I have a Bianchi mtb so if i could find it a fixed gear brother, that would be ideal.

Listen to Chris! I just converted an old 10 speed, bought my friends old Langster wheelset for $50. You don't need a SS crank, I just used spacers to get the chainline good enough. Took all of 15 minutes. Not pretty but who cares, word on the street says fixed is dead anyway.

i have a fixed gear for you 52cm fresh everything. email me for details/pics

joshuawarras(at)gmail(dot)com

Emailed!!

CircleCity Chief /

yo i got a 50cm road cycle on indy craigslist, and im looking for puch engine parts...

I have an Black Aztlan 26" LowRider.

144 Spokes w/ White Wall

26" Apes

26" ban seat

etc.

I just checked their website but for some reason, no 26"ers

(must be sold out.)

http://www.aztlanbicycle.com/

Lemme know.

if you just want a bike purely for exercise right now, just go to goodwill, or the curb, find some shitty or nice roadbike frame for super cheap, and then get a "fixie kit" online or something and put it together. if you built your moped yourself, building a fucking BICYCLE...no, THE MOST SIMPLE TYPE OF BICYCLE EVER, should be a walk in the park...

do you have any pics of it??!!

madeleted nitronick /

thanks for the emails if you could post pics here that would be easy, dominick I will send an email to you later.

madeleted nitronick /

I meant to say that would be easiest to keep track of for me as my email is not working on my phone right now

HA! nick, you jealous of my new bicycle purchase?

damn guess i didnt read the date this was posted.

I have 53cm Surly Steamroller, maroon color from 2008, its a $600 bike new. Send me some photos of that tomos..interested in complete peds only.

Check your email sucka.

1248687442_image016.jpg

Yep. I saw that the other day. They will be selling those little hats soon I bet.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account