Vintage Honda Spree

I have an original Honda Spree with only 750 miles on it. I am looking for a NOS Carb if anyone has one? I can't seem to get it to run past an idle despite cleaning the carb over and over.

Does anyone have a NOS Carb????

Re: Vintage Honda Spree

Any ideas??? Anyone??? Help!

probably clogged exhaust.

Andrew Squiggman /

honda sprees are now vintage? damn, that means i am an antique!

This Ped only has 750 miles on it - it runs but under any load simply stalls out - I was told by local Honda dealers that it would never run right as the carb is probably shot just from age alone? I think it is just in need of adjustment. Help!

Moped Palace /

Spree is a scoot, not a ped.

I call BS on your Honda dealer. How many of us are running 30+ year old carbs? Clean the carb, clean the exhaust, ride ride ride!

senannigans on the carb age 2-stroke carbs are simple you might want to try a new rectifier

to get it running you need to take a set of bicycle pedals and drill holes into the side of the engine and weld the pedals on. that would fix your problem on your vintage spree.

carbs can be rebuilt over and over , unless there is corrosion inside . I think you need a new bystarter .its a sort of electric choke that Honda used .

if this link works , the bystarter is part #9

you can get one from team alpine

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account