Gadabout trike-questions on buying one

I found a 1980 i believe Gadabout 2 trike with title- it needs a front brake cable and front tire-supposedly thats it. It shows 3100 miles- told runs great- just has light rust and very light red paint fade so a good detailing is needed. What kind of money should i offer if its seems tight -actually want for my mother as a surprise to help her get around easier. Also any clue on weight capacity? Thanks ohh it has spokes in the back and a mag up front guessing thats how they came.

Re: Gadabout trike-questions on buying one

Dude we've all been watching that same one on the coast go down in price over the last few weeks. He still wants a lot for it though. If that's all it needs than why hasn't he fixed it and updated the ad as he sadi he would more than a month ago. You have to go look at it before making an offer. Seems a little sketchy.

i know the woman that has it --kinda junk collector bought my ct 70 from me last year and i just bought a 125 parts riva last month- trike was 1650 can now get for 5 or less since ive dealt with her before. Yea that price drop got me thinking also

I have 2 pryer 3 wheel mopeds, and i had one last year which i sold to a friend. I recently bought another one and that brings my total to 3 3 wheel mopeds( theyre called "pryer" 32 wheel mopeds. Not to be confused with the puch tri-rad, another 3 wheel ped with a different conversion kit in the back.

The minarelli engine on the frame is most important. The wheels on my peds are 1 mag in front, and spokes in the rear. A few pryers had the minarelli v1L (i think thats what those engines are, the ones with the case induction, and case exhaust, as opposed to most engines that have the intake and exhaust in the cylinder head, and the v1L had an electric start.

I would offer 900 to 1200 for a mint one, dont haggle on price as you will be lucky to just even find one.

I could go on all day, send me an email:

Bryangarcia2006@gmail.com

Regards,

Bryan

DAM' Fairchild /

buy it. its rare and they are fun bikes. mine has spokes all around. the rear axel has a differential in it.makes it easy to burn out and shit. the v1 is a awsome high reving motor bone stock, and highly dependable. i love mine and wouldnt part with it for nothing.

I sold this one recently for $450.00. It ran great.

Ike

1245427782_newport_015.jpg

Don't haggle? What brings 900 in your state doesn't bring squat here...

Got it 400 - clean bike repainted professionally 2 years buy the original owners son at his shop - person was original owner- lady who listed it was selling for her. newer rear tires front is original i think. It needs 2 brake cables and a carb going over due to it leaking . all else looks ok -will find out when i start digging into it

Good for you man!

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

bryan g, none of these motors have the exhaust come out of the case.

I agree bukwheat, but for some bikes I will pay the price. it just depends on how much it is worth to "Me". I wouldn't pay more than 500 for this trike. But then I don't even have 500 buck to spend on any moped at the moment.lol

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account