FS: NEW Garelli NOI 1-speed Black&Red clutches

So, We have pull it off again! Many Hours went into getting these here. I have search the entire world for these!

FOUND THEM! :) Cheers NOI lovers,

No more.. soaking them and.. sanding them..

By the way on the net.. a used one is 50$..

Better buy a couple until there out of stock.

Black NOI 40$ shipped

Red NOI 50$ shipped

Contact me by good ole email:)

We take paypal.

If you want more then one make sure your in line to get these as many people have been waiting on me to .. make these appear from thin air WHA!

Now garelli can kcik some ass and take names.. :) Edo

1244211836_garellinoiclutches.jpg

Re: FS: NEW Garelli NOI 1-speed Black&Red clut

The word on the street that there missing the lip that holds the .. starter plate..... sorry pedal people.

Only kickstart engines.. fit these.

Is that retaining lip really needed at all anyway?

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

Dammit...still no NOI pedal love?

I only posted cause someone from the forums emailed me and said it won't work.

Here is a picture of the .. clutches.. fubared.. and the lip is not needed from what I can see as the snap ring and alining dowels do the work, or I am I wrong. Enlighten me. Ed

Thank you for the posting the pictures Tom.

Im in the process of replacing one of the original "lipped" one speed pedal start Garelli Noi rubber clutches with one of the new rubber clutches with no lip to see if the clip will hold it on and function still. The problem is my original clutch with the lip on dose not function correctly so i have never felt what a good Garelli one speed clutch feels like to really judge.

Ok,

Here some pictures of the .. Bell,clutch and plate.

I don't have a snap ring.

There is no problem with it I see... went right on :)

The lip is for lip everything up also it serve as a helper.

The clutch takes up more room then the oem one.

Clutch is a nice tight fit on the clutch holder.

1244239685_phto0002_small.jpg

I've opened up many NOI 1 spd trannies (I even did one today) and have never seen those lips before.

Can I email you Larry?

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

SOO....pedal love fest?? if so, whats the dif between red/black?

The package say, racing=red/stpck=black.

Well when someone like larry says he has never seen the lip.

I am going to take that at a yes on love my garelli noi 1-speed.

Thank you Larry. My email would of been to offer you testing rights thats all sir.

Ed

Ed, you can email me anytime you want. I'm currently working on a pair of Garelli Eureka Flexes, one with a sticking, swollen clutch!

Thank you Larry, Sent.

I think I might need to buy one of these before I even know what it does.

Hmmm my clutch rubber has a lip! A big fat black swollen lip! lol hopefully the non lipped rubber works out for my clutch...

I'm willing to try out a red no-lip disc. I think it will work as long as the starter plate bushings are good.

Here's the other question - are there parts available to convert an NOI to kickstart? I have a racing clutch (show type) and thought I could make the starter plate grip against it.

so has anyone put a red one on? any difference..

The red one= Very Special composite competition clutch material.

I have installed the red one today!!!! It definitely slips until the power-band hits... Yay! First think I noticed is that the bike idled higher which was an immediate good sign. You dont need the lip apparently, it is thick enough for the starter clutch to engage but I did have to tighten the cables a couple turns. NOI's let em' rip!

Michael T, do you leave the spring out that is between the star wheel and the starter plate to make this work?

How does the rubber doughnut spring back away from the clutch basket after the motor is engaged? It seems to me that it's able to push in to engage the motor, but there's nothing to push it back out. If this is the case, the rubber doughnut will be making pretty much constant contact with the clutch basket and will result in the rubber wearing/burning up pretty quickly.

The reason why you had to tighten the starter clutch cable is because the thickness of this replacement rubber is less than the OEM rubber doughnut.

Nope I used the spring. Excellent deduction on the thickness mopedlar, eyeing it it looked damn close so I decided not to measure with the dial calipers... I figure this new clutch will kinda float in between the starter plate and the clutch bell. So far so good!

Mike, I'd keep a close eye on that clutch rubber. It is a tight fit on the star assy, and if the rubber can't spring back after it's engaged, it will certainly be making continuous contact with the constantly moving clutch basket. This will cause the rubber to wear and/or heat up. It might even start hanging up the motor and stalling it out. The OEM spring is there for a reason.....not just to pull the clutch plate back, but also to pull the rubber back away from the bottom of the clutch basket.

It might be working good now, but keep your eye on it. If the tranny oil starts getting black, it's because the rubber doughnut is disintegrating.

It's so far so good :). Way better than the constantly desintigrating stock clutch filling my engine with chunks of rubber.

elliott/ultrav /

ed- you wouldnt happen to have a 2 spd clutch bell?

Sorry, No I don't. I am sure would of the crew around here has something.. Might just have to buy a entire engine if you can find.. Ed

ah! and $20 cheaper than you expected a month ago! yeah... noi clutch doesnt need the lip. that horrifying clutch featured by ed ended up behaving no differently from a brand new noi clutch from angelo.

that is... once i cleaned it and removed the lip fragments

replaced my bushings tho

That is good news. If it works, it works.

Ok, I installed and thoroughly tested the red "racing" clutch today.

The lack of a lip is not an issue, it's actually easier to install without it. It fit very snugly over the spikey inner section, and had just enough play on the outside between the rubber and the bell. Quick and easy. I don't use any special oil, just good ol lawn mower nondetergent 30w, 13oz.

I gotta say, this thing rides great! It provides more slip, so you can get higher rpms for take off ( a huge problem with the stock garelli rubbers ). Another major benefit of the increased slip, it chases away the "anti-idle-gremlins" that keep causing noi engines to die at stop signs.

All in all, it works great, I'm gonna buy me some more. I highly recommend you get some while you can!

Peace,

gregM

1245007700_edsredclutch.jpg

Ok guys, help me out here, how are you getting it to engage? The lip allows the plate to be pushed against the clutch to engage for starting but with out the lip no push no return.

Please enlighten me so i can join in the fun.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account