2 50v Motobecane s, fs part or whole

I know when I am beat. Bought one moby, got it running sorta, then it wouldn't start. Think its a timing or electrical thing. Has spark, compression, and gas, but wont start. I donno. Bought a second one to try and make one out of two. Got it running, driving, but there was a grinding sound coming from the variator and the SOB would NOT come off. Destroyed one puller and not even a three jaw puller could get it off. SOOOOO now I have 2 mobys, both complete, minus a couple things, like 2 side covers and an airfilter, no runners, and no patience left for them. Buy one or both, or let me know what parts you need. I think I will part the red one first, because I think the blue one has a better chance of running. The red one is cosmetically good, but is gonna need a new bottom end and variator, just because that little bastard WILL NOT COME OFF! I would like to see like 350 for the pair or 200 a piece, or best offer. More likely I will end up parting them, so either toss up here what you need or e-mail me at goonferhire@gmail.com. Here goes the pics.

The red one. Missing the side covers, thats it. Everything else is there, but the variator, and maybe the crank by now, are messed up. Top end is good, threads on exhaust/cylinder are good, rims decent, seat is pretty minty, minus one little whole about 5mm round.

!http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt219/MasterTate/photo002-7.jpg?t=1244144226

The blue one. This one has a pretty good chance of being a decent bike. It is 100% complete as far as I can tell, and I had it running for like 1 evening. Then it decided it didn't want to run anymore. Has compression, spark (at least outside the combustion chamber) and mixture delivered to the chamber. I have a feeling its electrical or timing.

Like I said, both are in pretty good shape, but I guess I am just not smart enough to work on Mobys.

I am willing to trade parts and or a bike for stuff too, if you have garelli stuff or honda stuff or tomos stuff or vespa stuff or sachs stuff. Performance stuff for any of the listed bikes I would be down for, or some garelli parts like a NOI engine or bottom end, and a couple other things that fit an SSXL.

Lemme know here or e-mail at goonferhire@gmail.com

Re: 2 50v Motobecane s, fs part or whole

Poop, second photo fail. Lets try that again.

Andrew Squiggman /

Email sent

Looks like you're going to sell them whole, and I hope you do. If it does come down to parting them out, I could really use the left hand controls including the mirror and the right "tool chest" cover.

I would love to sell them whole, but the whole no title thing kind makes that a difficulty here in the WI. I think what I am going to do is part out one, probably the blue one, and hold out hope for the other one. Maybe I will come across a totally trashed moby with a good engine and a title but crappy errtang else. So yeah, e-mail me if you want some stuff. I know I have an odd number of tool box covers, and I can't remember, but I am pretty sure the odd one I have is next to your right knee as you ride, so if thats the one, I think I have you covered. Also The left hand controls, choke and brake and mirror, can go.

Nobody likes a bully. * /

i could use your headlight bezel and your long seat. hit me up.

FS: 1979 Motobecane Mobylette /

you're in WI you say?

Andrew Squiggman /

tate, email sent

price good?

Andrew Squiggman /

you still around tate?

i need an engine for my 77 moby, you got one available?

I know this is such a small item, but I need the bolt that holds the choke lever onto the the kill switch/horn mechanism. Think you could help me out? If it comes down to it, I would even buy the killswitch mechanism from you as well and the horn.

Ok, looks like dude who was thinking about buying them whole decided against it. I will be parting out the blue one today. Thas the one that is totally complete, spark, compression, mixture, but just wont start.

I am replying to everyone who asked for parts, and confirming what they want, taking pictures of there parts pile, etc. SO if you need anything., let me know. I still have the side covers and seat surprisingly, both in real good shape.

I would soooooo trade my Swinger2 in a heartbeat for one of those.

Email sent.

Hitch, I would totally trade you. Let me know if you want to for realsies. Goin back and responding to everyone now.

Ok, so it looks like these guys have been granted a stay of execution. Looks like hitch and I are going to be trading bikes. Too even out the trade a little and pay for gas, I am going to sell a couple things off of the red bike. I would like to sell the seat, and a couple other things. If you need a couple things that aren't integral or part of the electrical system, let me know. I am looking to sell the seat take like one order for parts. Stuff like brake handles, speedo cable, speedo, one of the tool chest covers, headlight, fender, that kind of thing. I don't know prices, so you kind of have to put together your own estimates. The red bike has no side covers, but does have everything else. Lemme know. Thanks/sorry, Tate.

Sorry for my extreme flaketitude, and flip floppiness and inability to price stuff, but it looks like both of the bikes are back up for trade. I will be parting the blue one for sure, that one is complete so let me know what you need.

can you do me a solid on the bolt and if not the bolt alone the ignition/horn switch with the bolt screwed in?

I actually think I promised that to another guy, but if he doesn't get back to me I can help you out for sure.

Andrew Squiggman /

email sent for rear brake

let me know either way

John Schneider /

How much you want for the blue chain and belt covers shipped to 56058

What the crap man? I have emailed you multiple times about buying both of these, and never once suggested I didn't want them. If they are still up for grabs I will buy them both once I talk to you on the phone. If you are interested call me.

Oh sorry man, I hadn't talk to you for a couple days and I assumed you changed your mind. I will give you a call tomorrow.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account