Monza GT gear

I'm looking for a rear sprocket for my 1986 Garelli Monza GT, what's on there is a four bolt. I think the mag wheels are original. Does anyone know where I can find one, or maybe has one laying around. I have a 33 tooth and am looking for around a 26.

Thanks.

Re: Monza GT gear

You need to find a Tomos 24 tooth and open up the holes a little.

I found a Tomos sprocket with 8 holes, is that the type you mean? And then make four of the holes bigger with drill press?

You know your going to lose your bottom end... going down that many teeth in the rear.

On tomos 8 holes, 4 of the holes line up to most Italian 4 bolts. I'm using a Tomo 31t on my italian Pepi 5-stars.

Like Ed said you may only wanna go down to 31 or 30. Even 28 like off a Pacer may be ok.... Otherwise you are gonna have no low end. And at a point you hit a wall were your engine cant wind out all the way, with too high of gearing, or so I have heard.

24 tooth is the stock gear size.

I'm cool with losing my bottom end. I just need a sprocket for long trips. It's pretty flat here in Maryland. Thanks for the help guys!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account