O/T Oddities FS...

My storage had to be emptied this past weekend so I'm about to list some truly awesome mid century modern furniture, a Gitane 3 seater and my 1950's Berkeley SE body on the Bay. So first crack Florida or anyone who wants to drive...

I bought this rather impulsively with the idea of throwing the body on a Midget/Sprite or a Crosley chassis. What you see is all I have...the old house it was in has since been foreclosed, so I have no way of getting the rest. The main body was cut in half for storage. It's fiberglass so can just be pieced back together. Hang it on your wall if you want...

I paid $100...you pay $100 or give me a crappy Maxi

1243891457_p1000599.jpg

Re: O/T Oddities FS...

It looks uneven from being in pieces...

1243891725_p1000598.jpg

The Gitane..

Only ever found one other in New Jersey. It was an Ebay listing from several years back and looked like total shit. Heavy duty frame, 17" motorcycle wheels with drum brakes, single speed....

I paid $200...you pay $200

1243892036_triplet.jpg

1243892113_triplet_2.jpg

i remember that gitane....damn i want that thing.

YOU PAID $100 FOR A BERKLEY?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?! if i didn't live in michigan you bet your ASS i would be there RIGHT NOW. i LOOOVOVVVVEEEEE those! any idea what motor came in it? it obviously isnt a B95 or B105, as those had the weird hood bulge to provide for the "monsterous" 4 stroke in those. and how would you fit that on a sprite???? berkelys make TD's look like monster trucks! plus half the cool in having a berkely is the epic FWD. best looking FWD car EVER... well... besides a Saab Sonnet I.

a picture to show those of you who aren't aware of the epic proportions of the Berkeley. the car chasing it is an MG TD.

1243894464_mg_vs._berkeley.jpg

It had the 3cyl 2-stroke

I was extremely bummed to find out the guy was gone...he said that there was at least two crates of parts left in the attic.

This one

i just came. its amazing just how fast those things were. graaaaahhhh i want one! lol

I love the bicycle. I wish I could trade you something for it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account