columbia solo engine

Looking for a variator 20, 25, or 30mph doesn't if anybody has one please let me know

Re: columbia solo engine

i have one

What version is it and how much would sell it for?

If I remember right they come in three flavors. The crankshafts are different so you'll need to specify

different solo cranks

i know the crank from the one speed odessy is the same for the 30mph columbia cause thats whats in my engine right now

i also have a 25 mph one well it come off a 25mph bike and the crank doesnt look any different and i dont know that the difference in the variator is cause its missing

im still thinking about what to do with my good solo engine cause its an awesome engine attached to a really shitty bike

the non variator crankshaft had a step machined in it The variator ones were tapered if I remember right.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

The Columbia variator does not have a taper. The speed ratings correspond to the variator flange thickness.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Are you missing the complete variator, or do you just need a couple parts? I might part with a couple parts, but not a whole variator.

I guess what I am calling the variator is the plastic v belt pulley, that has the small gear on it. Also there is a switch to engage it or freewheel. The previous owner had the wrong belt and now the right won't stay on because the pulley is warped.

Thanks

Jason

its not tapered

i have a couple of those il sell

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account