WTB: First moped - grand rapids, mi

Hey all -

I'm looking to spend between 300-650 on a decent used moped. I'm open to make and model, but especially have been recommend Tomos and Puch. Looking for something that in pretty good shape, as this will be my first moped, and don't want to get to fixing it RIGHT away. In due time, in due time.

Any offers/recommendations in the Grand Rapids, MI area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: WTB: First moped - grand rapids, mi

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/2/260592/260592/ needs a little work but well within ur range.

Ghost Riders might have some for sale, otherwise I know there are some members doing repairs and kitting for cheap.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/1179366993.html

I'll keep this in mind, thanks for sending it my way.

careful on that burgandy maxi... i think the gas tank is really really really rusty. just make sure you get some pics of the tank.

Thanks, I'll probably go with something in better condition anyway... simply because I don't have a lot of knowledge working with/on mopeds, and it's my first one so I'd like to not have to put too much work into it anyway. I appreciate pointing out things to be cautious of.

if you're not mechanically inclined to work on a moped, i suggest buying a brand new tomos or a scooter.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

For your consideration my Sachs Eagle I is for sale. It is outside your stated price range, but when sold it will need nothing but a rider.

I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, and likely will become more mechanically inclined - I just haven't worked on older mopeds.... yet. So, was trying to find something that wouldn't need too much work from the get go. Thanks for all your help/recommendations though. I've been thinking about a newer Tomos.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

I have a 2005 tomos needs nothing only a few hund miles. 500 bucks

RE: ERIN

Thanks for the punch in the back, I spent hours on the tank and it's good to go (as is the other Maxi sittin here and the 2 Tomos & the BM5N - i'M not posting this shit for my health; it WAS to help someone else in stead of fixing it up and sellin it on here for $450.

I have it listed cuz I have 8 peds here.

If there is some doubt on the Maxi, I'll sell ya my black 98 Sprint (that's sitting in my living room.)

$450 if u want some pics.

Definitely interested, shot you an email.

As you can see, I pulled some stuff off of it

(at 3:30am thismorning.)

front fender

speedo n cable

modded the seat

removed the storage

removed the rear fender

(I have a different taillight for it.)

I don't have the running boards/they weren't on it when I bought it.

MAKE SURE you check my last post n pic on the MAXI, it's a solid price on a ped that was owned by a couple since new.

If it was me though and I had the option, I'd buy a

new tomos and build it up. There is something to be said for not being stranded on the side of the road

GL

(get to pedalin boy!)

by the way, i have the seat foam. I took it out when I modded the seat n it'll be all good if u want it (I just didn't start on it yet today.)

By the way, this is my run around ped (that wasn't fs till a minute ago lol)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account