1981 AMF Roadmaster XL only 81 miles

I have a 1981 AMF Roadmaster XL with only 81 miles. No title, just bill of sale. Ran good in fall, but has been sitting all winter. Someone gave my son another moped so this one needs to go. Currently will not stay running and I don't have the time to clean the carb, but that should be all it needs. This isn't a fast moped, but is all original with low miles. Selling as-is located near Wilkes-Barre, pa. Looking for $225

Thanks

1241921321_moped_1.jpg

Re: 1981 AMF Roadmaster XL only 81 miles

wow. that bikes clean

Only 81 miles, spent its entire life inside.

How fast would this moped go?

about 20 MPH, i'm guessing. kinda like a velosolex, but not quite as cool. cool, tho. very clean.

It really depends on your weight. My son at 140lb had it going around an indicated 26-27. With my big butt, it was about 19-20 on flat ground. These are not fast by any stretch. I bought it because it was my first ped when I was a little kid, mainly for nostalgia reasons. It is clean and orginal though, if that is the kind of thing you're looking for.

Buyer backed out, so the couple of folks who emailed me, the bikes back on the market. $200 will get her done.

If it has the mccoulough engine, you can squeeze some power out of them. Good deal for a clean old bike.

That is the motor it has. It still probably wouldn't be a powerhouse. I'm not sure if there are different spindles to buy, kind of like the ones for gopeds.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account