wtb 1980 Indian parts

Does anyone know where I can find parts for a 1980 Indian?

I need Decompression and choke cables.

Also, does anyone know what size threads for the petcock valve and what size intake is on this?

was thinking of putting on a Dellorto SHA carb???any Ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Greg

Re: wtb 1980 Indian parts

have you looked here

Yep! Checked there already...

I found the throttle cable there, but no leads on the other items...Was hoping someone might have some info on these other parts...

Make sure that you get cables for the correct carb. This bike came with a Tillotson, Mikuni, or a Keihin. They all use different cables. The Tillotson was a lever choke, so you must have a Mikuni or Keihin. They also have different sized intakes. The Mikuni should do just as well as an SHA, or maybe even better. If you don't have the Mikuni, I have one with an intake and throttle cable that I would sell. Send me an email if you are interested.

I have the stuff you need for your Indian, here is a picture of the two different heads for the Indians, I also have the decomp cable. Let me know which head you have. I have both intakes, and some extrsa Mikuni and keihn carbs. Please email me though, I don't get on here that often. Tom

1241626387_cylinder_heads1_2.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account