WTT batavus grand prix

Last year I got this batavus grand prix from this dude who got it from this dude on e-bay. When I got it it was all messed up and didn't run. Now its less messed up and does run. Sort of. I ditched the stock carb and put a 14:12 del on it, but it definetly is going to need someone who actually wants to make it awesome to make it awesome. I feel kind of bad, because it has a ton of potential and I just don't have the interest or time or loot to make it really nice. If there is any interest in a trade, I will take pics and stuff, I think I can dig up the one the dude originally sent me. Not so much interested in cash, more like another bike I don't have. What I really want in my heart of hearts is a little step through derbi, but I know there aren't any in the midwest. If you are interested, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Re: WTT batavus grand prix

Oh, and I'm in Madison Wisconsin and this is the pick of the bike when I got it last year.

so are you interested in trading this partially running moped for anything other than a harder to come by derbi?

Well, even though I am pretty sure a hell of a lot more derbis made it state side than these, the answer is yes. I just threw a derbi out there as like my ideal trade. I pretty much just wanted to get it running to prove that the engine wasn't fucked up. There are lots of things wrong with it, but not mechanically, and seeing as how it only has 1000 miles and a working speedo, plus all the plastic minus the front fairing, I feel like someone could make a pretty bad ass bike out of it. Plus those five stars are in nice shape.

The only reason I don't ride it is the fork bearing is mangled so steering is a handful. I have ridden it like around the neighborhood and stuff, so its a solid starting point for a project.

I have had some people asking me to part this out, and it may come to that, but I would rather it go to someone who plans on doing something cool with it.

I thought I would have more interest in this. I know its not made of gold and I'm totally open to offers.

For those who don't know, The batavus grand prix is a top tank batavus with a peugeot 103 engine. It has really really nice components all around. Nice rims, nice forks, nice shocks, nice engine, nice fenders. This one is cosmetically busted up, but all the plastics are there except for the front fairing, and the engine runs without and funny sounds. Actually, mechanically its pretty straight. 103s have one of the widest selection of performance parts of any engine out there. Someone makes this thing scream.

ugh i want one so bad.

Post up better pics...

damn. i know that bat's can be a pain in the ass, but i may be game since this model has a pug motor setup and i'm getting pretty comfortable with french bikes. any interest in a motobecane model 7, in great running shape? i love the bike (my first 'ped), but it's really just too small for me. they're made for smaller, lighter riders. this one has had it's stock carb switched for a del 15mm sha clone (with the air mix screw), but its otherwise stock.

let me know. i'm not 100% sure i'm willing to give this bike up, but i thought i'd throw it out there.

how about a running 50v and I come to you

Hmmm, both tempting offers. I have no problem riding small bikes, if only for the hilariousity of myself on them. I will get my buddy over here with his pro styles camera ship and have him take some pictures, because my camera is pretty much a joke.

Still haven't got any offers I am into. I guess at this point I am willing to entertain money offers and or part requests.

if you change your mind and want to swap for my model seven, let me know. it's in excellent shape, is a reliable daily driver, and is pretty fast for a stock seven (it'll haul my nearly 200lb self up to 30mph on flats).

I am actually considering that one. I am going to go ahead I say I am planning on being at some of the upcoming midwest rallies, so if anyone is going to be at any of those and wants to trade and or buy it, lemme know.

I got a decent two speed magnum that runs good

That sounds cool. You don't see too many magnums up here in the frozen north. I am for sure going to the Chicago rally, and I am going to try and go to the decepticon rally. I will have my friend with a nice camera come over and get some pics up so you can see what the deal is.

Here are some more pics. I have the side plastics for it, but they are off because I have been working on the carb and engine and what not.

I know the pics aren't good quality, but if you are interested in a trade let me know and I can get one of my buddies who is a pro photographer over and he will take some pickachers. I have a couple requests to part it and I might soon, unless I get someone who is down for a trade or a purchase I guess.

if you part it, is the frame already spoken for?

No, I have a guy who wants the body panels,and a guy who wants the engine, but other than that I don't have any body firmly interested.

gah, dont part this thing!

cranks get on this.

well, if you part it, give me a price for the frame maybe subframe wheels, forks. but for sure the frame.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

dont part it out!

I have a step through derbi that needs love. Yellow, emailme if you would be interested in talking logistics (I'm in AZ) mike.thomas1@mac.com

I really don't want to part it out. Trust me, i would be pretty ashamed to do so. On the other hand, if it gave its life to make 2 or 3 bat gps awesome, a great man once said, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

Michael, I am going to send you an e-mail about maybe some pictures or something, see if maybe we are both going to be at the same rally or know someoneses who are or something.

Still have this. I am trying to thin out the herd, get rid of pretty much everything but my tomos, my honda, my sachs my vespa nd my garelli.

If anyone out there wants this, I am up for offers of bikes or parts or cash. Lemme know. I actually have it to the point where it runs and idles, and can drive, except the brakes and fork bearing needs some fixin on.

I will be putting this up on e-bay pretty soon. I haven't really had any trades that caught my eye, and it languishing in the garage isn't doing anyone any good.

If anyone has any offers or whatever, let me know. Otherwise I will be putting it up on ebay about this time next week.

what are you looking to trade for?

I donno, honda performance stuff, some other bike. I am going to be at the chicago rally, so I could bring it if someone wanted me to.

what other bike would you be interested in? I don't have honda stuff and neither does my boyfriend, but we have a plethora of puch stuff and perhaps a peugeot if necessary.

I just got out of puchs for a while, I guess right now I am pretty much just into hondas and garellis. I have sworn off french bikes, which is part of why I am getting rid of this one, although the 103 does seem to be a hell of a lot easier to work on than a 50v.

So yeah, pretty much honda stuff, garelli stuff, and maybe a beat up derbi or something.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account