WTB: Puch Maxi Pedal Crank

The crankarm on the sprocket side of mine is bent, so I'm looking for a replacement. I can just use an oxy-torch to bend this one back, but I'd prefer a new part so I'm not further weakening a previously broken part. Rust isn't a huge issue; I can use sandpaper. I just want a good, straight part. Pedals optional, but if they're on there, I'd prefer they not be rust-welded in place if possible.

Shipping would be to Massachusetts, 02048.

Thanks in advance.

Re: WTB: Puch Maxi Pedal Crank

There have been a lot on e-bay recently. I would check there. Kinda pricey with shipping (I think I paid 14 to have mine shipped).

evilbrainsponge /

Yeah, I saw a few there now, but they end in three days or so, and I hate when bid wars start over stuff that shouldn't cost much at all. Worse comes to worse, I have the crank from a Jawa that I know will fit (I just tried it earlier today) but you have to shim the crap out of it, which looks a bit awkward.

Interestingly, if you use the Jawa crank, there's like two extra inches of clearance (thus the need for shims)...which may be useful to know for the folks with larger exhausts, since those two inches might mean clearance. Just a thought in general.

thanks for the Jawa tip. I wish this kind of info was in the various Wiki's on here ...

I got mine for 10 bucks on e-bay, but with shipping it ended up being 25, which is still too much for something used, but not horrible. I tried a Moby crank and it fits perfectly, but the nice red Pug pedal arms I put on did not clear my tecno boss pipe. grrr ... so much drama for stupid pedals that, on a kitted bike are pretty useless ...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account