Has anyone had trouble with mopedman96?

Conrad Conrad /

I had a bid on a headlight and taillight that was suddenly canceled with a day left. My guess is he did it because it was only at $10, but does ebay even allow that?

Has anyone else had that kind of issue with him?

Re: Has anyone had trouble with mopedman96?

alot of people do that shit, i would not , but they do.

Conrad Conrad /

I think it's pretty scummy. All you have to do is set it at a price you're willing to let it go for or use a reserve.

Not everyone is a saint. Next time take this to Genereal or OT.

Conrad Conrad /

sorry. i thought this applied here more. i'll remember next time.

Look under bid history and see why he canceled your bid or just email and ask him. I've bought many times from him with zero problems.

There's a guy here on MA that lists stuff and then with a day to go pulls the listing saying "The item has been lost or broken.". He's done that more than once with the same item. Won't bid on his stuff again.

He's a good guy, i've bought a few things off of him with no problems at all. More than likely what happened is that someone made him an offer and just sold it out right. It happens all the time.

Long and short, he's a good guy to deal with

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

No problems buying from him either.

Conrad Conrad /

alright i guess i won't boycott his stuff. i'm just really sad; it was a sweet deal.

yah he's all good, prolly just sold it on the side.

"...happens all the time" - yeah, especially with this particular seller ... 14 items and counting, just this month! Haven't seen that many cancelled auctions in all my 10+ years cruising ebay.

Yea I was bidding on rims, and then he pulled them.

Month later they were back up, fuck that dude.

the guy's a fucking idiot, thinks all his stuff is worth gold. He wanted $150 for a chrome headlight with speedometer in it USED. Apparantly he's too dumb to use a reserve or make his reserve the starting bid amount. Some people have too low of an IQ to use ebay correctly.

let me rephrase my answer...having auctions pulled before they are done sucks donkey ass...so he's a bad bad man in that regard. but if he actually lets an auction go til the end, then he's all good...as in, he'll ship whatever you won...so he's a good good man in that regard.

fuck that dude. cancels bids ALL THE TIME. gives a million dumb excuses.

What happins alot is I would list stuff and then someone will call me and beg me for it that they need it to get there moped running cause they cant get to work or a million other excuses. Usually it is somone you know so are you going to tell your freinds that they have to bid and wait . This guy mopedman probally has the same problem .

ive dealt with him and never had a problem. good dude in my book. ebay allows anyone to pull any item 12 hrs before auctions end. it does suck but he has every right to do it.

Have heard several here say use reserve or make your starting bid what you want for the item.

Here's the deal on that....believe it or not ebay charges to sell on their site. Auctions are terribly expensive just for listing fees and then if you add bells and whistles like reserves it's even more.

Lets say you need $100 for an item. If you start the bidding at $100 the ebay listings fees are a lot more than if you start the bidding at $1.

Another reason for starting the bidding low is the way the ebay search engines work. I'm not going to go explaining that but trust me, if you start the bidding at $1 on a $500 or whatever item with no reserve, that item will usually go over what you wanted for it just due to search engine boost.

Ebay is a very expensive venue for sellers who auction their items and one day soon Ebay will be all BIN's. BIN's are cheap to list and there is no risk involved for sellers.

I hear ya on pulling the auction. I hate that shit but it's part of the game and to be expected. I appreciate those that give me the opportunity to bid auction style. Risky as a seller but as a buyer you can get a deal from time to time.

You are right bill . The fees ebay charges for reserve are alot and sellers are allowed 12 hours before end of auction to remove the item listed. There is a stratagy for buyers to wait till the last 30 seconds to bid and there is the option for the seller to end it early if he sees no bids. When I want somthing on ebay I bid right from the start. I really dont know what is a good method for the buyer or the seller. People get mad either way if they get sniped at the last second or the seller pulls it . Ebay and paypal fees are around 11 percent of the total sale .

11% for the least expensive auction listing. When you add reserves or stuff like border, bold, featured, etc. it gets to be around 15% and even more if you list in two catagories.

Buyers snipe because the more bids and the more views and the more people that have it on their watch page, the higher up the search engines it goes. More exposure = more bids. For years I used the strategy of a buck auction style and let it rip and the above is the reason. Ever do a google and ebay stuff comes up? Thats one way it gets there.

So, as a buyer you are trying to get that item as cheaply as possible therefore you snipe. I have a sniper program and always use it but if I ask seller a question will always let them know I will be bidding.

Dont use Ebay then.

CL and MA will get almost everything moped related out the door.

I've sold alot of mopeds and parts and only used Ebay to buy, _along with MA and CL of course_.

Bottom line is he's looking for the sucker, the mom who buys their kid anything or the person who doesn't know and has more dollars than cents(_sense_), and if he's only getting little nibbles he cuts bait and leaves the pond, He is doing this all within the rules of Ebay's policy(_which needs to limit this_).

I tried bidding with him once, of course it ended early. So, then I started watching and there is no doubt He ends auctions early as the rule, not the exception. This has happened many, many times. Mainly on high demand peds.

The moped circles are small enough we'll bump into him one day, I'll have my opinions at the ready .

When it comes to parts I see his sales to be pretty normal But when it's minty TTLX'S AND Magnums no one will ever get the deal of a lifetime outta of him. there can only be one Benji

"this all within the rules of Ebay’s policy(which needs to limit this). "

I can tell you don't sell on ebay. There are enough damn rules and regs for sellers. Ebay is all about the buyers with absolutely zero seller protection. How about it sellers...am I right or am I wrong?

I hear ya though on pulling good stuff early consistently although he may be doing it because he has found a local buyer. I hate that shit tho and will not bid if I know the seller has a history of doing that shit. There's a guy here that sells on ebay and consistently pulls his shit. Did that twice on one bike. Will never bid on his shit.

"there can only be one Benji"

^ Top fuckin notch. I buy everything from Benji unless its outta stock or he doesn't carry it.

Conrad Conrad /

The fees are pretty much how ebay makes money. I always just leave stuff at .99 so I don't have to pay the ridiculous fees, but if my item sells for less than I was hoping then oh well. That's a risk of using ebay.

Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

Treats always has the knack of getting things in stock after I already went somewhere else lol.

I have pulled 1 item out of 300 in an average. That isnt bad ,somone needed it bad and I knew them . There are alot of people that list complete mopeds and then pull them just so they can get other orders out of ebay . I can see what you are saying he did list 2 magnums and then pulled them but he is allowed to by ebay rules.

Yeah I bid on A pair of Vespa side covers only to have him end it early. Then he relisted them two days in seperate auctions as "left and right side" cleaned up big. Smart, but what a time waste for me. over

"but if my item sells for less than I was hoping then oh well."

And thats a fine attitude to have Conrad however if you're selling on ebay for a living you would feel differently.

I've pulled some auctions but only because I made a spelling mistake in the title. If I'm worried about what it will bring, I use reserve but always find that bidders are reluctant to bid with reserve auctions.

"Treats always has the knack of getting things in stock after I already went somewhere else lol."

I thought that only happened to me.

ill continue. fuck him, dont buy anything from him. sketchball.

He's back.

Mopedman96 has relisted the Magnum I was bidding on a few weeks ago. I had someone all lined up to pick it up for me and with less than a day to go he pulled it.

Now its all in pieces. Some which I could use. But he may just pull them with a day to go again, who knows.. this guy has great ebay rating- but you can only leave feedback if you actually WIN an auction.

How is someone who offers up an item for sale on ebay, then pulls it because he sold it... a good guy to deal with?

that is the point. he is not. fuck him. dont buy things from him, dont bid on his auctions.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account