1978 Puch Newport L Project Bike

I'm selling this Puch moped I bought in hopes to have running kitted by this summer. Unfortunately, my credit card bill has gone up and I need to get rid of it. I'm looking for $450obo. It includes the basket setup, LH mirror and Puch moped lock [no key :(] as nice accessories. If someone that lives in the Bay Area could help me out and buy this bike off me, it would help me a lot. I'll also include 4 free shop hours, that means if you get lazy and want your Puch motor rebuilt or something like that, just give me the motor and parts and I'll do the work free. I can't kit motors however since I don't have milling machines or dremel tools.

Re: 1978 Puch Newport L Project Bike

Let me try that picture again...

1239691966_puch_craigslist.jpg

you dont need a mill or dremel to rebuild a motor.

but nice bike!! good luck with the sale

bump... and i said I needed those tools to KIT a motor, not to rebuild the motor.

What do you want for just the frame and wheels?

does it run? is there rust in the tank? lights?

450.00 is lot for a bike you just purchased off of ebay for under 200.00 a couple of months ago

if the tank is spotless, and it runs perfect, $450 is ok.

something tells me thats not the case.

elliott/ultrav /

shoulda sold it to me.. i offered 380...

thanks.

elliott could made this bike sick. his builds are amazing.

elliott, my SSXL is still up for grabs, get in touch if you want it..

But elliot didn't call back! I would sell to him if he really wants it. I've put about 385.30 plus tons of hours to get it running, so $450 as a base price is pretty generous.

tons of hours? what was wrong? ive never experienced a puch that would need multiple hours of work to get it running. was it seized? if it wasnt, theres no way it took more than half an hour to get that thing running.

if it was, maybe 45 minutes.

not piling on here, dude, but ... you do not, I repeat, NOT, get your money back with a moped build. I understand your thinking, but it just doesn't work that way.

I second Nash on Elliot: He builds beautiful peds!

you can kit an engine without "milling or dremel" tools...you just can't port/case-match.

Any non-seized puch takes 30 minutes to get running? Such a load of bullshit. Especially if the person doing the fixing isn't an expert at it.

You never get your money back from fixing a bike? Only if you paid too much in the begining.

The price may be a little high, but you guys should cut the attitude. If it runs well people would pay close to that on craigslist.

Bike is sold...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account