NEED: Garelli 2speed clutch bell

I tried to start my ssxl today and heard a grinding sound. Opened up the engine and my oil was filled with GLITTER!

Well, not really glitter, but the powdered remains of the teeth that hold the clutch bell to the crankshaft.

I don't know if the VIP is interchangeable with the NOI 2-speed one, I'll take some measurements tonight; but if somebodys got a wrecked garelli engine they can part out, my balls are in a vice here and I'm willing to pay ball-in-vice prices.

Re: NEED: Garelli 2speed clutch bell

I hope your balls are OK, I think about them a lot. Send me your address and I'll ship you one.

email sent. this better not be a Redbooking.

Passive agressive bump to get Martin to email me back...

Ahh shit, consider your part shipped MONDAY. I am totally going to box it up right now and stick a label on it - You should get a UPS notification sometime tonight.

I might even drive it out to UPS tomorrow.... Expect surprises in the box.

Im curious bout the cause. any theories/pics?

I reckon there is a loose nut behind the handlebars.

lolololol

elliott/ultrav /

update?

Update:

It may not be confirmed before, I never thought to update...

2 SPEED NOI clutch internals are identical to VIP.

I'll be adding it to the wiki.

the clutch bell a little toothed washer spot-welded on. Mine had weak welds. the washer broke loose and the bell itself bit the dust. I'd suggest anyone building a high performance Garelli 2-speed reinforce these welds.

Update is, Martin mailed me a care package, contents: One VIP clutch bell, One hardened brass pedal shaft pin, One size 92 dellorto jet, One set of homemade rubber nipples for VIP starter plate, One handwritten note, a tracing of VIP clutch rubbers saying "remember we need ND30 to live!" and a small drawing of a cock and balls.

the VIP clutch bell worked like gangbusters and I was up and running in time for WB2.

So if nothing else; it's a big deal because together, through teamwork and comradery, Moped Army regained all-but lost compatibility knowledge of the rare 2-speed NOI.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account