WTB: Tomos A3 engine - as complete as possible

Looking for an A3 for a Tomos Bullet.

It would be great to be able to just swap it out - top end and bottom end together. Looking for a reliable one.

Anybody have one?

Re: WTB: Tomos A3 engine - as complete as possible

email sent.

I have one with 200 miles on it. This weekend we bought an A35 to spice up our bullet, so the A3 is all yours if you want it. The A3 pulled about 32mph (GPS) with a jamarcol pipe and highflow filter. You'd have to pay a bit to make it worth our while. I would guess shipping is going to be close to $50. Say, $300 shipped?

Our 86 A3 is very pristine

1237224301_img_1578.jpg

Wow, that's pretty.

I'm working on this project for a friend, so I don't know if that kind of price can be swung, but I'll certainly present it.

On the other hand, how hard is it to convert one to an a35? I figured that finding/rebuilding an a3 would be less hassle, but I'm always curious.

The subject moped:

the frame and mounting is the same for every tomos. If you can find an A35 you can just bolt it on. or you can mod an A3 bottom end to take an A35 top end be replacing the wrist pin bushing with a puch 12mm bushing which is a technical mod requiring some specialized tools and skills.

The A35 is superior in many ways; readily accessible and inexpensive bolt on kits, reed valve, non limited CDI, etc

I remember reading a while back that, since this A3 I have now has an encarwi carb, putting an A35 on would require a dellorto, and switching to a dellorto would require different controls.

I seem to also remember someone saying that the A35 will use a 12V coil . . . but that just didn't seem right to me.

Any of that make sense?

This A3 comes with a dellorto 14:12 SHA.

I have a tomos A3 kickstart for sale.

I have no Idea about shipping, but looking to get $80 before shipping. I have pics and video.

The compression is good.

where pat?

i have an a3. it might need a new piston and it needs a new ring. it also needs a stator and flywheel. i'll throw in an amal carb for free and i have a throttle you can have for fifteen.

sorry carli meant to say i'll sell the motor for fifty plus shipping the amal carb for free and the throttle for fifteen. the throttle is practically new off of an 08 tomos and comes with the kill switch. shipping should be between thirteen and twenty six for all

Thanks everybody for the responses -

Ian: I haven't actually had my eyes on this moped since early last year, so I could very well be mistaken. I just seem to remember thinking, "That doesn't look like a dellorto," and I remember reading that they came with either the dellorto or an encarwi, so I assumed it was the encarwi. I suppose I should get that verified . . .

Pat: Can you direct me to the pics/video of the engine?

Cody: Thanks very much for the offer. However, I think I'm going to need something a little more complete for now.

Carl,

I will try to send pics to you tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks- pAt

looks like my motor is sold.

grady furney /

i want it!!!! lol

i have a a3 cylinder head piston wrist pin and new rings if interested

I want the A3 kickstart that VB Pat said was for sale.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account