WTB/Trade: Motobecane 50v 12 tooth pully assembly

Cleats Onionpockets /

I have a 1980 Motobecane 50V, and the bearings in the pulley have just about had it. It makes an awful moaning sound when I'm just pedaling along, and the pulley only turns smoothly when it's being rotated by hand. Any faster and the bearings start to vibrate like crazy. I needs a new one. I would just go for bearings, but the pulley is a bit wobbly as well. So ideally I'd like the pulley and bearings, but in a pinch I'd settle for just a set of bearings.

I have many puch parts, and would be quite happy to make a trade if you aren't after cashy money at this point.

Re: WTB/Trade: Motobecane 50v 12 tooth pully assem

Are you sure you need a new one? Get the bearings super clean and see how they look.

I might have one for sale shortly, I first need to see if it is worth using or throwing in the trash can.

Plus, your bearings probably slid to one side, causing it to be wobbly.

they are needle bearings, they can not slide to one side. Junk is probably stuck between the needle bearing housing and the pulley. Unless the needle bearings look really worn, I doubt you need a new pulley.

Do you have the proper chain on this moped? Too big and it will skip over the cogs.

The whole needle bearing can slide to one side inside the pulley causing it to be wobbly, I can provide pictures of evidence...

Cleats Onionpockets /

It's not the chain folks, it's a vibration. The kind you only feel when the bearings are so loose that instead of rotating smoothly they just shimmy around. It turns smoothly when you do so slowly, but get any kind of speed on it and the pulley starts vibrating. Since there's already tension on the pulley from both the chain and the belt, and neither of those are out of alignment, I can conclude that the problem lies with the only point of connection left, the bearings. I'll have a look at them to see if all they need is a cleaning, but it's doubtful.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account