FS 1978 Carabela Sport (San Fran)

$650

Here

Re: FS 1978 Carabela Sport (San Fran)

oh yeah pics

Why would you get rid of that engine?! I was almost excited, but then you mentioned the minarelli. The Carabela engine is like, identical, only with bigger ports. I think you may have made it slower with that Minarelli. :(

There used to be a lot of disapproval of the original carabela engines. People used to think they were unreliable. I was just getting into mopeds back when josh was building that bike, but I'm pretty sure he bought that engine New-old-stock from handybikes.

Plus, you can't put a kit on a carabella.

rad!

Carabela engines may have bigger ports but it's not worth it. To date I've never seen a fast carabela engine. You could port it but who cares. You can't upgrade the cylinder at all. No kits will work with it. So really I made the bike faster.

does anyone know where i can get parts for these

Carabela?

I would talk to handy bikes. They have minarelli stuff but I'm sure some things are interchangeable on both the engine and frame. If they don't have it, they may be able to guide towards a someone who does. BJ knows a lot about the old dealer network.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account