Moped - Rare French Vintage 1970 Peugeot 104 Moped

Not mine but thought I'd pass this along...

"http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/mcy/1051420794.html";

Reply to: sale-1051420794@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Date: 2009-02-26, 11:44AM EST

Up for sale is my vintage 1970 Peugeot 104 Moped.

My father was the original owner of this vintage 1970 Peugeot 104 Moped. It was stored in his heated basement workshop for 30 years. The moped was driven many summers, with 3K kms on this magnificent machine. In addition, in the winter months, the engine was ran to keep the oil fresh and moving. This is a very very rare moped manufactured by Peugeot, which was built in France. It runs like it was brand new, and was religiously maintained throughout its entire life. In fact after every summer, my father would dismantle the bike, and cleaned, oiled, and stored it for the next season.

Everything on this moped works like it was new, even the original electric horn. There are very minor scratches, and slight cracks, all of them are cosmetic and very fixable. The light bulb for the head light needs to be replaced, but it works perfectly. Both chains were replaced 2 years ago, and came directly Peugeot. I have never seen another moped like this one ever. I have a lot of wonderful memories with this moped, but after my father’s passing, I inherited it, but I just can’t keep it. I would like it to go to a good home, to someone who will love it as he did.

I am asking $1150.00 or best offer. I cannot ship it; the moped would to be picked up.

Please feel free to shoot me any questions – Ask for Court : 647 229 4220

Or shoot me an email at: mopedpeugeot1970@live.com

Re: Moped - Rare French Vintage 1970 Peugeot 104 M

That's a real nice ped.

Here's one that's even rarer, and I bought it from the original owner with title.....

!

What's up with that picture? Definitely been photoshopped or something.

Not photoshopped whatsoever. That is my own ped. I don't know why that front tire looks funky. My camera's battery was dying when I took it. Maybe that's why?

1235687941_peugeot1042.jpg

That looks much better! Sweet looking ped!

Another pic when I first got it. The bike has since been restored with the exception of the seat and the front tire replaced with a blackwall. This is the real deal. RobK, Pat and Lee from Hells Satans have all seen it up close.

That is slick. Where could you even find parts for that thing?

The original owner bought some spare blackwall tires when he was on vacation in Bermuda in the late '60's. That's all the spare parts I have for it, Fortunately, other than the seat, the rest of the bike is in real nice condition. I even have the rear footpegs for it. I'll have the seat done one of thse days.

Yeah I've got me one of those Puge 104's low mileage in pristine condition but sadly I had to replace the rear white-walls (sigh), I'm also considering getting a pipe for it. Hope you can sell it at that price cosmosuave that's one classy bike, that red Puge is hot sauce too, never seen one like that before. Looks like something out of the Jetsons.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Eric at Ptown has one of those 104's, unfortunately those saddlebags are hiding the cool rear bodywork.

Both are sooo nice. Were there any mopeds in the USA before 1975?

This is my all time favorite moped from a styling perspective. If anyone within range of Seattle ever wants to sell one please hit me up. I imagine there are only a handful in the USA so I know my chances are slim.

It looks cool and all, but I'm sure it's a pain to get parts for.

Since when are brian and larry the same person?

1970 Peugeot 104

Gareth Sirakowski /

I’m looking for a front light housing and back tail light. Does anyone know where I can find either of these items?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account