WTB: e50 clutch cable tensioner bracket(?)

Pablo Puchasso /

I don't really know what to call this part besides just describing it but here goes... I switched my magnum from ZA50 to e50 and now I need the "L" shaped bracket that goes on tube frames with e50's. This bracket attaches through one of the engine mounting bolts and holds the tensioner screw for the clutch cable. YOU GOT??!

I have a birthday ride coming up and need my bike working... I'll pay for fast shipping or whatever.

Re: WTB: e50 clutch cable tensioner bracket(?)

there should be a spot on the frame to hold the cable.

uless you cut it off?

~SABAT!

hes talking about tube-frame bikes i think. the freespirit/murray style cable holder.

Pablo Puchasso /

Yeah. I have an MKII. I don't see a place where there ever was something on there. I thought the plastic piece on the top of the ZA50 tensioned it.

Pablo Puchasso /

bump.

i know the landsquids were doing this cool thing where they drilled a hole though the case metal near the clutch arm and ran an adjuster to the clutch. someone has to have a picture of this because i'm sure my description doesn't make much sense. or maybe rafter will just pop on here and explain it better. it's pretty slick looking.

Jake Shaughnessy /

i have one max. ill look for it tonight. email me an offer on it

Pablo Puchasso /

in that case, Paging all Landsquids!!

I'm pretty sure I could even fab up this piece BUT then I'd need a better drill than I have.

Pablo Puchasso /

Nevermind. Found one... I knew I had one but I swore it was in Chicago. Rummaged through some stuff and sure enough there one was. I'll still buy yours though Jake. Let me know.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

78 magnums didn't have the L-bracket on the frame. 79 and later did.

Glad you found one!

Pablo Puchasso /

Mine is an MKII... never had a bracket no matter the year.

It was on my rigid freespirit frame. Doh.

I'm looking for one of these also, anyone have one I can get?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account