Re: Mopeds in San Diego, CA

[[ Linda ]] /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

_Getting a top tank on here from your fellow MA member will cost you 10 – 200x more than what they are worth and what they actually paid for it._

Really? I'd pick MA for a ped any day over CL. Admittedly, top tanks are popular here (particularly certain models), and you aren't going to see any of us selling a barn-fresh Magnum for $100. If you're looking for an uninformed seller and a deal like that, then certainly CL is your best bet. However, if you go the CL route, you also have to deal with flaky people and idiots who probably don't know much about the moped (although that may not have stopped them from "fixing" it and messing it up). If you buy it from someone here, I think you're much more likely to wind up with a ped that works reliably (reliable being relative, of course. These are mopeds we're talking about).

And, for the record, I feel like I regularly see people post mopeds for sale here that they've also posted on CL, yet they offer a discount for people from this site. Mopeds and moped parts here generally go for much less money than they do on E-bay, although how great of a comparison to CL that is remains up for debate. But the main point is, most of us aren't here to screw each other on prices and make a quick buck.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account