WTB: My first moped - Puch, Garelli, Motobecane?

Looking to buy my first moped. Prefer something vintage, in decent to great condition, that can be used for local commuting (about 2-3 miles a day) and local area errands.

Looking to buy in the Los Angeles/Orange County/Ventura area, if possible.

The brands in the subject line are what caught my attention during my initial research and conversations (thanks Amber). Am open and would appreciate your insight into things I should know and recommendations.

Will be talking to Shaun at Myron's Mopeds today.

If you're looking to sell, I can promise that I will take care of it and it will be ridden.

Thanks.

Re: WTB: My first moped - Puch, Garelli, Motobecan

I have a Minarelli V1 Cimatti City bike, it was running great but I think the condenser went out.. no spark. Its in Pico right now. I have the title, fork lock keys, plate, original underseat kit. Its got around 500 miles on it. Dont know if your interested, I havent been back in LA for a while so I havent been able to look at it, my friend says it doesnt have spark but it was running great up to then. I am asking 600.

What year? Could you get a photo of it and describe its general condition?

Where in Pico? (Pico the street or Pico Rivera or ?). Will do some research on this bike as well.

Thanks.

"Cimatti City Bike":https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=2&i=233079&t=224858

Yeah Pico Rivera at my buddies house

Its in near perfect condition, the only issue is that the exhaust pipe is painted blue and it is having trouble with spark. Its a near mint ped.

Pablo Puchasso /

Kevin. You were asking $600 when it was running. Don't try to sell a newbie a non-running bike at an inflated price. Bad biz dude. sorry to threadjack but seriously.

I bet in 10 mins I could fix it if I were still in Cali. If he didnt like the price or the ped then he could offer something lower. I refuse to lose money on the deal... I know shaun at Myrons is asking 900 for his City bikes.... they run but mine was running great and now needs a quick fix. I am being nothing short of reasonable here. Like I said if he doesnt like it or whatever then thats up to him.

Max I have to call you out now, you were a douche when it came to getting a carb for my buddy Robert. You promised then flaked you said you would get the hook up then didnt... I am at least honest about my transactions. So dont try calling people out on bad practices... Just cause you dont like me doesnt mean you should come in and try and be a dickbag about shit. Maybe you have some insight on why its not sparking. You wanna buy it Max? I'll sell it to you for 700 then you can turn it around an make a quick flip douchebag.

Back to the original posts, do you like the ped?

Thanks, but I think I will pass on this one. Want something that is running now, although I don't mind doing maintenance afterwards. Still looking ...

Thanks.

I would get a Puch for a first bike. Simple and easy to get parts for. Best of luck!

I have a buddy who is gonna try and work on it. If he gets it back up and running I will let you know. The Minarelli motors are nice and if someone doesnt buy it out west, I am gonna have it shipped to KC. I am sure the problem lies in some sort of electrical connection. Last time I rode the bike it ripped even for being stock.

Cool. Thanks.

Pablo Puchasso /

Just to respond, cause I posted a week ago and forgot.

A) I was going to give Robert a bing. GIVE IT to him FREE, but he wanted it DELIVERED to him like pizza. No go. didn't PROMISE him it... the deal just didn't work out. Robert and I have been in contact since. His uncle is going to help me with some powdercoating. We're kool and the gang.

B) That bike is not worth $600, $700, etc. You've tried to push it on every single poster asking for a bike in LA... it's not a coincidence that no one is interested.

C) You're all talk. You were pretty nice in person and I've even defended you on here. However, your 'online persona' as I'll call it, for lack of a better term, is full of shit. All you do is jump on threads and try to take these _really_ dumb stances on issues like your opinion is the only informed one out there... it's not.

D) See me at the LA rally next month. Talk shit then... not online on your little keyboard.

Pablo Puchasso /

"You promised then flaked you said you would get the hook up then didnt"

I love Slang fails... I told Robert I 'had the hook up' or I was going to 'give him the hook up,' or possibly 'hook him up' would be using it correctly.

I would recommend a Minarelli over a Garelli or Motobecane for your first bike, more reliable and easier to maintain. Puchs and Tomos too.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account