Tomos A-3 (N) engine posibly for sale.

I have a Tomos A-3 (N) engine that I am thinking of selling separately from the bike. That is if I can get a decent price for it to help me buy a different bike.

The A-3 (N) has the same wrist pin as the A-35, so, it can be kitted with the same kits, and, it has the real clutch material that some people like better than the cork.

I have taken off the side cover and the clutches look really really good. No wonder this engine has the 20mph cylinder on it. However, a standard A-35 cylinder and piston are available if needed as is an offset intake and a carb. I do not have the reed valve, and the carb is missing a few minor parts.

Let me know if there is any interest, any generous offers will be welcome.

Re: Tomos A-3 (N) engine posibly for sale.

Is it a running engine?

ez da snow man !! /

the two a almost the same, but for the A-3 you will have to change the wrist pin bushing out wich is a 10mm and switch it for a 12mm wrist pin bushing... other than that i'd say you could get about 60-80 shiped for it.... i paid 60 shipped for an A-35 wich is a better motor then the A-3 (i have both styles, and i have the A-3 kitted w/ a puch 70cc kit so its not hard to mod..)

Kevin Harrell /

It is a running engine, although the carb could use a good cleaning. As I understand it the N varriant of the A-3 has a 12 mm wrist-pin so no modification would be necessary.

Post a pic or email me. I'm in Ohio too and could pick up easily. Let me know.

Kevin Harrell /

Sorry folks. I decided to keep the engine, well for the time being at least.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account