where to order high denity fosm for seat?

instead of taking apart a perfectly good sebring seat ... i ended up butchering a thick plastic sled into a pretty great and natural cafe seat pan... got bolts in it, even has a lip like the original sebring seat. I need a large screw to attach the tool box to it tho

more importantly i need foam.

no idea where to find any ... i would love to grab a high density neoprene closed cell foam.. but anything like multi/rebounded-mixed foam.

about to try lowes and home depot tomorrow... now shops in youngstown carry anything like it.. atleast in large enough blocks

any suggestions?

gonna cover it with tooled and dyed 6oz vegetable tanned leather... got to get laces still :/

where to order high denity fosm for seat?

bah.. fosm...

Re: where to order high denity fosm for seat?

If you can't get any locally..

http://www.foamforyou.com/neoprene.htm

good deal, thanks

I bought my foam at an upholstery shop, sometimes the larger fabric stores also have it.

just found some high density stuff at joanne fabrics haha is open cell by pretty dense and cuts really well with an electric knife

i'll have to put up progress pics... plastic sleds make perfect cafe seat pans

Did you get the spray adhesive to attach it to the pan. You will need that, most other glues will ROT the foam. If it slides around it will tear.

yep, got some great stuff.. even archival.. use it on my 45x30 fiber prints

i'll be posting a step by step with photos in the general discussion when i finish it up...

still got to think about what to tool into it .. color.. etc... but yeah. let this thread die

its off topic now anyway

thanks for the help and advice everyone!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account