WTB Hobbit Throttle Cable

I left my brother alone to work on his ped for 5 mins and he destroyed his throttle cable to hell. He pulled it all the way out and tried to oil it for some reason, then he tried to push it back in with needle nose pliers and bent and crimped the shit outta it hehe. So looking for one for a hobbit , thx much. Email or drop a line.

Re: WTB Hobbit Throttle Cable

Whoops wrong section, can a mod plz move this when yah get a chance into correct section.

So the Hobbit throttle cable is pretty specific if you haven't noticed. Something that has bugged me plenty when running the stock carb. But you can make a universal throttle cable work with some trickery. You know the small gold/brass colored doodad that comes with throttle assemblies? If you cut it in half and thread it on to the cable so that it stops at the small knarped end (the end that usually goes in the carb slide) it will sit pretty well in your throttle control. Then the bare end of the cable can get slipped onto the carb. I can take pictures later if that doesn't make any sense. I'm telling you and every one this because these cables are a little hard to get on the Buy/Sell as of late and are no longer available from your local motorcycle shop (all of them get their parts from Honda of America). Be tricky! Word up.

super easy to make. take bicycle brake cable, file the leaded end down so that it fits inside the plastic throttle slide, and chop the other end off so it slide into the carb.

once you take apart the throttle assembly you'll see what i mean.

If that doesn't work then I can give you mine once I put in my Dellorto carb (assuming I can get their cable to work)

Ich habe ein.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account