wtb: 415 Drive chain for 505d. Grand Rapids

Just like the post says? I'm looking to purchase a chain for my 1980 505d suburban. I'm located in grand rapids and am not having any luck finding one. Is there anything else that would work for the drive chain?

hoping to purchase it locally if possible.

Thanks,

Nate

Re: wtb: 415 Drive chain for 505d. Grand Rapids

hmmm... i THINK that little bike repair shop on fulton and fuller, next to the Schnitz deli sells 415.

word, I'l have to give them a call. Would a 415 be the correct chain?

yeaaaaaaaaaaap

I bought #415 chain from Fulton Heights Mower Sales a couple years ago, but they don't seem to know what 415 is anymore. Now they just tell you to bring in your old chain so they can match it up. I would also recommend taking the sprocket with you to make sure the new chain seats well with it. Don't want to risk having one of the dimensions being slightly off, be it pitch, roller width, roller diameter, or pin diameter. Tensile strength shouldn't be as much of an issue unless you weigh 300+ pounds, or always riding with a passenger, or if it's a torque monster.

The gold drive chain from TreatsHQ is hella strong and pre-lubed. Worth the price.

I have the chain in my store www.fatcitymopedparts.com

1228182524_415hchain.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account