feeler: moby50v

im just trying to see how much i could get for my 50v moby.

1227927654_hpim0295.jpg

Re: feeler: moby50v

it all depends on location. in boston, in the spring, you could get $500 - $700 dollars for it. in the middle of nowhere in december you probably wont find any buyers at all.

How many miles? 30MPH? Condition? Thanks!

30 mph 1400 miles

condition is good but not great. im buying a new exaught cause the threads are striped but that pertty much is it. everything else is great no rust, new grips, wheels are good, any other qeustions just ask!

If you want to get maximum $$$ out of it, then ebay/CraigsList is your friend.

If you want to find a loving warm cuddly winter home for it and some cash monies, then I am your friend, not Ebay/CL. I can't muster 700, but I could do something decend and fair. Send me an email if you are serious about selling. Love dem french bikes.

Julian

you are really willing to pay 700 bucks as is?

it does need more stuff then you expect. but my email is mbachman1@comcast.net

he said he doesn't have 700.

bump.

it really depends on whats wrong with it and what the market is like where you are. are you actually trying to sell it, or just wondering what its worth?

it is entirely possible to find mobys in fine working order for $300 or less. at the same time, it is entirely possible to sell a 50v in fine working order for more than twice as much. what that basically means is that you can get whatever people are willing to pay, but dont assume that there is any specific value attached to it. there are too many variables.

the exhaust is steel. the cylinder is aluminum.

which one do you think is going to have the bad threads...?

Mitch,

Please read my previous post again. I will not give you 700 for it. I said something reasonable and fair. Also, I asked you to email me if you are serious, and instead you posted your own email address, which I already have because it is in your profile. Peter is right; the cylinder is probably stripped, not the exhaust, which makes a big difference. If it "needs more then I think" please post what it really does need if you are serious about selling or if you want an accurate appraisal.

I guess I am in a sassy mood or something.

If you really do want to sell this thing, please email me and we can talk price off line.

Julian

Not like I need another bleu metallique moby, but - where are you - PA? Cylinder is def stripped by the way it sounds.

bump. to the top.

to the top?

is the cylinder indeed stripped? if so, you can subtract a good $100 to $150 from whatever your price is.

also, im still unclear - are you trying to sell your moped in this thread, or just seeking an appraisal?

well i just odered a new cylinder so everything is good now.

and i was just seeing how much i could sell it for.

100 bucks i will buy it.

actually i would guess around 350 in good running condition.

brand new everything came in today putting it on this weekend.

this is just about fully restored.

new parts: brakes, boots, jug, all gaskets, rear and front light, thats about all a couple more odds and ends.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account