FS: puch maxi mk2 stock >bay area

Stock maxi 2 speed. new seat, petcock, chain tensioner, i put on a 14mm bing (12mm is stock), coated nice gas tank, new gascap, etc...

has some rust, not bad overall. Goes 30.

650 obo.

Re: FS: puch maxi mk2 stock >bay area

seems overpriced...

It definetly seems overpriced...... Then again so is everything in San francisco

yep. welcome to san francisco...

1977 doesnt help the market here, when they sell stock mopeds for $1250. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/919614724.html

im actually trying to bring it back down a lil.

nice try andrew. your bike will be in the shop in a matter of days after you sell it.

^^ mmhmm

77's bike was stripped to the frame, and rebuilt completely.

77s also comes without the nasty wiring mess.

oh yeah, and ours will totally dust yours. stock.

$650 is a good deal. Team 77 races stock HOW COOL!

guess what, i stripped mine completely, and rebuilt it too.... is that worth 600 bucks?

sorry, lee, i dont know mobys. that comment is nothing personal. please dont take it that way. i've sold over 7 mopeds, that is the only one that has needed work, and the only moby.

but heres what happens: people like my friend (who has a magnum) and is thinking of selling it, says "i saw them selling for like 1900 on craigslist, and thinks she might sell hers for 1800, it is kitted, but still... no way. and other follow suit.

i saw a peugeot 102 on craigslist for 800 bucks recently too.

...not that any of these overpriced things sell, but its supply and demand, so if all of the supply is selling for a lot more money, and the demand is there, then people will have no choice but to buy these expensive mopeds. or, the demand will go away, because a reason why a lot of people like mopeds, is because they are cheap cheap cheap.

p.s. the wiring is fine.

damn. you guys and your politics over on the west coast.

shit talkin' hippy /

77 also is a shop with overhead... just sayin'

shit talkin' hippy /

If I had a shop I'd charge that much. it's necessity... you only have to pay for the work you've done to it, whaereas the shop has to pay for that and the shop and labor for the workers etc..., I'll bet you'd make even more money them off of the deal even if you did the same work and sold it for 500. Still 650 seems fair for that. I think alot of the people complaining are like me and used to never paying much more than 300 bucks for a bike(but they also need alot of work)... I'm rambling... ugh...

shops cost more, cus they need to. and it's justified because they also have a customer base to build and overhead. just sayin' quit complanin' y'alls and let people pay what they will. they get what they pay for... if your bike didn't run and had a crappy spray paint job than yeah 650 would be too much

hippy is right.

i understand, why they charge more.

so, back to topic:

moped for sale.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

seems like a tough time to sell right now which is really weird because the weather is really nice and all. I'd say your price is perfectly reasonable. I'll be selling a maxi for about that in a few weeks.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

its a tough time to sell because the economy is still tanking.

hours are getting cut back (thankfully not mine, knock on wood. everyone needs pizza!) and also its basically christmas shopping time.

nobodys going to have a fancy christmas so nobodys going to buy mopeds for 500+ anywhere.

hell that running kriedler in the east bay had to go to 450 to sell.

i don't understand why 600 isn't a fair price for a running maxi with some minimal but decent upgrades...seat, carb, sealed tank? maybe not for those of use who like to find our peds on the cheap...but for the general public...in san francisco no less...this seems like a very fair deal.

i think it's completely reasonable. a 2 speed that's in relatively good cosmetic condition.

keep the price. especially for west coast. in austin it'd sell for double that.

Totes... worth ury penny in the Es Ef

my white maxi was 650 and came with a kit not on the bike. I think its good for a starter bike.

clean up that wiring oh dear.

i hope u "fixed" the throttle cable... cuz i know those can be a bitch ;)

$650 is 100% fair price from an independent seller provided its a solid ass 2 speed with no issues and goes over 30mph.

Andrew plz refrain from comparing ur mopeds to the ones at 77, thank you.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account