Broken 5-star Mags on Ebay

Just advising to keep a look out for this seller in the future. If these wheels dont sell the seller states they will "fix" them and relist at a higher price. Who knows if it will be listed as "fixed" when the time comes.

"Seller: 13redracer":http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PUCH-ZA50-MOPED-2HP-1HP-MAXI-MAGNUM-MAGS-WHEELS-SET-MAG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a543Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem250323841153QQitemZ250323841153QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Re: Broken 5-star Mags on Ebay

lol! I saw that too. I'd be interested to know "how" he was going to fix them... I guess if you're really good at tig welding, then maybe it would work... I wouldn't trust my life to them though!

Also keep in mind that something had to happen to this wheel for it to break. Good chance that there is hidden damage elsewhere (fatigue cracks, etc).

I asked him if he could just fix the wheels and sell them to me for a higher price. His reply:

Hi I have to many projects that I have to finnish before the weather gets bad. I have a speical rod that you heat area up with a propain torch then aply rod (kinda like sotering)and it fills in the spot strong and is workable. If you are the winner I will include a rod. Thanks for looking.

- 13redracer

dude thinks you can fix these wheels with a fucking brazing rod

No, man, thats a special sotering rod.

It is made from an alloy of bad grammar and haste.

So you can get a rod and the shaft when you're the winner!

ok these pieces of shat arent worth a hundred dollars.

i'd offer 50.. 60 topps and if he said no i'd be like _ya ok get the fuck outa here b4 i shoot u_

stolen from another thread

guy who knows wins the prize!

it was mark from "How much can i offer for this?"

what do i win

i'll paypal you a dollar

I wouldn't worry too much about the broken mag - It's broken but it's still SOLID! LOL

"The rear mag has a broken spoke but is still true and solid"

yo turd, you got a paypal i'm not kidding around

he will fix them and then sell them for a "mutch higher price"

I'm not defending the guy; but there are rods to repair aluminum that requires you to heat area with propane torch, then apply the rod while still heating the object(not the rod).I have some,and have used them to rapair my aluminum canoe. They work great. Got them at a gun show some years back.

If that one spoke is broken, the one right next to it probably isn't doing so well either.

i dont see any reason why you cant apply

and then powdercoat.. no one would ever know.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but if the repair sticks don't work on your canoe, then you just have a leak...if it doesn't work on the wheels, and breaks, you may be in some big trouble...

do you really think that might work, does anybody have any real ideas on how to repair mags.

id ride it like that and it will never break

i had a rear snowflake on my maxi once half the spokes were missin off it due to that stupid swingarm lock on the maxi luxe someone locked it and forgot

i rode that thing every day and beat the shit out of it i tried breaking that wheel couldnt do it even jumping it off the wall

oh and id like to have the hubs out of those to put on my 16 inch austro daimler 5 stars

Larry, I'm not debating those exist, but it's still technically a brazing rod. Do you think your canoe repairs can handle the stresses required for the wheels to stay solid? Besides, I wouldn't trust this kind with a stapler :)

I think his username reveals his age...

some brave soul has placed a bid on these wheels. but this has got me thinking... maybe it would be worth it for someone who wants just the front wheel. 5-star/snowflake combo (could look nice)

If they were half that price I'd take em for the hubs. Good lookin out Roberto. P.S. I still think your bike is some mad hotness.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account