Sachs for 50 bones

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/873193589.html

Anyone want it? I went to high school in Edgewater I could pick it up or hold it for anyone.

Re: Sachs for 50 bones

well i live in Raliegh NC and would love to have something to learn from and work on this winter...

but getting it down here would suck.

i got just about 80 bucks cash that i have toward random moped things so if you can it would be awesome. shoot me an email!

Wow that would suck to get it down there. Would you be able to come up ad get it?

I talked to the seller and made pick-up arrangements already, guys. Sorry.

I know -not for this forum - but Andy, let me know if you ever want to ride. I'm in Takoma Park. And there definitely ought to be a branch in this town, too... I've just gotten back into peds after a few years' hiatus.

Dang. I wanted that now that I thought about it. But yeah I'd love to find some guys to ride with especially around DC. In DC it would be a problem cause their laws are different than in the rest of Maryland.

Yeah, we should definitely ride at one point. I'm pretty sure the laws are actually cool in DC -as long as a bike has pedals (although I do see alot nopeds around too) and is (or looks like it is) under 50cc, it's fine to ride, as far as I know. I could definitely be wrong... but I commute downtown everyday down 13th street, often past cops. I've never been hassled riding in DC -I mostly ride in the district, actually- , so it's probably legit. If not -the cops don't seem to care enough to make a hassle.

Re: Sachs for 50 bones, Update

The Sachs I bought for fifty bucks is ALIVE! Back from the dead. The points were dirty, so it wasn't starting for the previous owner. That was all there was to it!!! I sanded the points, now she runs like a top. The starter cable was hosed too -so I had to jerry rig it (just looped a puch starter cable around inside the clutch housing). I installed a fuel filter, put a 14mm round bing on it with 72 jet and fitted a Tomos Bullet pipe -which required a little modding (and a sidekickstand) to fit on the right side, and now she's the fastest non-kitted bike I've ever owned. I MAY change the gearing to give her more top end, eventually... but I honestly like the torquey feel she has with the large rear sproket. She tops out around 35mph with my 160lbs on her!

Re: Sachs for 50 bones, Update

pics?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account